Floppy emulator (SD card) Emudrive

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
IanJ
200th!

Floppy emulator (SD card) Emudrive

Post by IanJ »

Hi all,

I've been playing quite a bit with various floppy emulators, and have turned my attention to EMUDRIVE from http://www.floppydrive.eu

Out of the box I couldn't get it to work, whatever I did and whatever .IMA drive image files I tried (they have a whole suite) I just couldn't get it to work.
So after a bit of an email dialog with the manufacturer and some testing I sent them a formatted floppy and they have sent me the test image file.........and success I can read/write to the card.

I quite like this emulator as it has a simple single 7-segment display and just a couple of panel buttons. No links on the pcb.

Hopefully soon they will have final images available on their site as fully QL compatible.....meanwhile I have attached the test image.

Talking to the manufacturer they say:-
Quote:
Our floppy emulator main advantages are:
1. No batch converter, no configuration file - image file direct and read-write both directions possible.
2. Might be our floppy emulator is most simple by schematics - the smallest amount of components. (even can work with no LED segment and no 2 buttons connected.)
3. Lowest agility microprocessor made floppy emulator - 32mhz ,16-series microchip PIC ,8bit structure.

Ian.

Attachments
1_Sinclair QL DD ADVENTURES.zip
(248.17 KiB) Downloaded 201 times