ql+ prototype rebuild ? possible

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

ql+ prototype rebuild ? possible

Post by techy »

Hi forum ,

Is there anyone who knows where to get info on the ql+ prototype rebuild ?

Rick Dickinsons designed it , it was discussed in Paul Atkinsons book "delete" .

i have the 3d files to make the case ....But lack futher information .

i am also interested in a pdf of the book "delete" in which this ql is described

anyone ??

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: ql+ prototype rebuild ? possible

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The book was sub-titled "Vaporware", so maybe the designs were only done in draft mode and only talked about.

If you can upload a picture, I maybe could do some design work to try and emulate Rick's master pieces.

Regards,

Derek
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

i have the 3d parts ready for printing ,

would like to have a copy of the book too .

Techy

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Quickly googled the book just now, it seems to be going for really silly prices on Amazon and eBay, like £170 per copy. Would love a copy myself, but not at those prices. I looked to see if it was available as an eBook, but it doesn't seem that it is.

Assuming I got the right book, was it this one?
Delete by Paul Atkinson
Delete by Paul Atkinson

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Yep , that is the book .

And indeed the prices are skyhigh .

i wonder if there are pdf's around ??

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have searched many downable book sources, some legal, some not, only source seems to Amazon.

Did you design the 3D files your self?

Regards,

Derek
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

dilwyn wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 pm I looked to see if it was available as an eBook, but it doesn't seem that it is.
I think you can still buy the ebook here https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/bo ... 20557.html

desin
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by desin »

Paperback version
https://www.orellfuessli.ch/shop/home/a ... 1026727409
Hardback / Hardcover version
https://www.orellfuessli.ch/shop/home/a ... 1028800312

don't know if its really available
the online shop may be not up to date

Greetings from Switzerland
Markus

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Derek ,

no i used a design which was mailed to me already some time ago .

I finaly got time to sort out all files ( some good some bad and even some un-usable ) ,

so now the thing i am looking for is a ql tophalf with keyboard ( for cheaps ) it needs to be sawn in pieces to fit the 3d case .

i hope to get a quote on the case pieces soon ( i have selected white - so natural color - as that is the cheapest ).

the design i got has been cut down to home 3d printer size , so there will be some glueing and filling and sanding to do before i can paint it .

black is black , but there is also the dome and that color is not clear to me ................yet
Last edited by techy on Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Just got the quote from the 3d printer ..........................

a whopping € 198,- excl. postal for the parts.

apparently plastic is expensive these days .