QL storage solutions: Pros, cons and opinions.

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QL storage solutions: Pros, cons and opinions.

Post by Derek_Stewart »

xelalex wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:23 pm
Derek_Stewart wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:58 pm The only solution for storing MDV images on a removal SD Card, or media is the vDrive, but it is not internal line the Oqtadrive.
If you add a Micro-SD extender cable to an internal OqtaDrive, and mount the standard SD socket end of that cable with a 3D printed mounting bracket in one of the slots, the SD card would be removable.
Hi,

Good idea, since the MDV images are stored on the RPI Zero W SD Card. Does the RPI support hot swapping of the SD Card?

I dop not think the Linux OS would like the systems SD Card removed when powered on.

Maybe the MDV images could be stored on a USB drive, with the input socket in the QL MDV Slot.

Regards,

Derek
xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: QL storage solutions: Pros, cons and opinions.

Post by xelalex »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:06 am Good idea, since the MDV images are stored on the RPI Zero W SD Card. Does the RPI support hot swapping of the SD Card?
No, the Pi would have to be powered down. That's why I actually wouldn't advise doing this, unless you really, really want to be able to remove the card. But I don't see a need to do that with OqtaDrive. It is networked and it is far easier to manage the MDV images stored in it via WebUI & WebDAV.