Hello

Introduce yourself here!
t0nyt
Gold Card

Hello

Post by t0nyt »

Just a quick intro

I had a QL when they first came out, but as with all the systems I had it went a long time ago (can't even remember what happened to most of them)

Over the past 18 months I've been collecting all the systems I had BITD and just picked up a QL at last

I'm very much old school in that I prefer cassette, 5 1/4" floppy and microdrives by choice. But have also, thru necessity in this modern age, got modern SD card based storage for all the various systems

The QL I've got seems to be in full working condition (other than that MDV2 will currently only read, won't format or write), so that's my first problem to over come. I've ordered a vDriveQL but hopefully will be able to find a replacement MDV2 unit sometime as well)

One of the original MD's that came with it was BJ the Return, but that didn't include the code sheet and I can't find it online so will probably end up wiping it to use as a blank I guess

The biggest issue I think I face is putting QL files into .MDV files as I only have an M1 MacBook (and an old intel one) and most utilities seem to be for Windows

Anyway, am looking forward to being part of the community

Thanks

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Hello

Post by dilwyn »

Here is a code sheet for BJ The Return, although I don't know if they varied from copy to copy.
BJ Return Code Sheet
BJ Return Code Sheet

t0nyt
Gold Card

Re: Hello

Post by t0nyt »

dilwyn wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:25 pm Here is a code sheet for BJ The Return, although I don't know if they varied from copy to copy.
bjreturncodesheet.jpg
Thanks dilwyn. I gave it a try and sadly it doesn't work for mine

As you say, it looks like they changed it (maybe monthly)

Thanks though