QIMSI

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
ArcadeDanger
ROM Dongle

Re: QIMSI

Post by ArcadeDanger »

Thank you @Maskenlos I've dropped you a PM about getting a QIMSI...

TitoxUnix
ROM Dongle

Post by TitoxUnix »

Well, I can't wait more time. PM sent for one unit if still available.

Thanks!

XLV
ROM Dongle

Post by XLV »

I would like one ( or two ) also. PM sent.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Hi Stephan - just wondering what the status of the "production line" is? ;) I've not heard anything so I assume you are still supplying the initial batch?

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Maskenlos
Over Heated PSU

Post by Maskenlos »

Dear Sparrowhawk,

I sent you an Email on 26th of Oct with payment information together with some other QIMSI interested guys.
Neither reply nor payment from your side. All the others from "your group" received their QIMSI already some time ago.

Before you do a payment right now, kindly contact me offline.

Best regards,

Stephan
Last edited by Maskenlos on Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maskenlos
Over Heated PSU

Post by Maskenlos »

Dear all,

sorry to say, the stock of QIMSIs is almost depleted. I have to do some shipments, the people are informed. The demand was unexpected high, we plan to start a new production batch soon. I keep everybody informed who is in the list.
Approximately 15% of the people in the list did not replay to my Email containing shipment and payment information. All these Emails have been send before 13th of Nov. If it happen that you find such an Email in your inbox or spam folder right now, please do not make any payment but contact me upfront by Email.

Best regards,

Stephan

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Hi Stephan,

I just checked my email and there is nothing there for 26th October, and I also checked my spam folder - nothing in that either).

Do you recall the email title? I searched for QIMSI but nothing came up either.

Apologies if you thought I was being rude by not replying, but I really did not see the email. Believe me if I'd have got it, I'd have replied immediately as I'd love a larger storage ability for my QL.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Hi @Maskenlos
I have received the QIMSI - thank you. I didn't had time to test it yet, but I looked at what's on the SD card and I have a question.
As far as I know the latest SMSQE version is 3.38, as stated on the official SQMSQE site
The version on the QIMSI SD card seems to be 3.39.
What are the changes between v3.39 and 3.38?
Is this v3.39 the version for Goldcard? Or something else? (I see that in it that Goldcard is mentioned, but it can also work with some non-standard resolutions and the initial color depth looks like 256)
SMSQE.jpg

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Andrew wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:18 pm What are the changes between v3.39 and 3.38?
The QIMSI keyboard driver was added. Official release yet to come.
Andrew wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:18 pm Is this v3.39 the version for Goldcard?
Yes. And SuperGoldCard of course. I can not reproduce your color issue, but as always, please configure SMSQ/E before use.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Andrew wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:18 pm Is this v3.39 the version for Goldcard? Or something else? (I see that in it that Goldcard is mentioned, but it can also work with some non-standard resolutions and the initial color depth looks like 256)
I do not think you can get any extra resolution and colour depth, without an Aurora attached.

Regards,

Derek