Breaking news: The QIMSI Interface

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Breaking news: The QIMSI Interface

Post by Peter »

dilwyn wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:28 pm A couple of things we have learned, some of which Peter will document in future versions of the manual:
Thank you for all tests and this update. The new manual is already uploaded. Not so detailed and Hermes not covered at all, but hope it is sufficient. I try to keep the overall manual lenght short enough to be actually read by most users.

Glad we could resolve everything and hope you will have fun with your new QIMSI from now on. :D

mhanias
Brittle Membrane

Post by mhanias »

How can i buy one?

thanks
Mike

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

QIMSI inside professionally printed case:
case.jpg
In addition to protecting the board and looking nice, the case reduces the risk to damage the small connectors.

Miguel angel rojo
ROM Dongle

Post by Miguel angel rojo »

Hello, I already have my qimsi at home, a fantastic invention, thank you very much, working with a tetroid tdi and fighting with the different mice I have, which do not work for me, I will have to buy one of the ones you mention.
best regard

napsternds
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by napsternds »

Peter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:14 pm QIMSI inside professionally printed case:
case.jpg
In addition to protecting the board and looking nice, the case reduces the risk to damage the small connectors.
Really nice!!!

Can you please tell how to buy one or share the stl files for self printing?

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I was looking at those ROMDisQ cases on ebay and wondering if the Qimsi would sit in one of those - but this purpose built 3d case looks the perfect solution :-)

Nice work. Are the STL files or ready printed cases going to be made available?

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Miguel angel rojo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:23 pm Hello, I already have my qimsi at home, a fantastic invention, thank you very much, working with a tetroid tdi and fighting with the different mice I have, which do not work for me, I will have to buy one of the ones you mention.
Glad you like it. I have tested another working mouse that can be bought new. We still have to manange a list.
napsternds wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:44 pm Can you please tell how to buy one or share the stl files for self printing?
I had mine printed with a socalled "SLA" printer using black resin at fdm-druckservice.de for 7,32 € plus postage.
Pr0f wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:20 pm Nice work. Are the STL files or ready printed cases going to be made available?
The currect STL file is available from QLObi on the German forum:
https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/view ... 200#p61200
However, I'm not 100% satisfied yet and waiting if QLObi fixes some minor issues.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Update: I have added scrollwheel and middle button support to my QIMSI mouse driver. Binary and source uploaded in my first post.

The mousewheel even works with Toolkit 2 ED or simple editors like QED. The middle button produces an ALT + '.' which appears to be SMSQ/E standard.

M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

Peter wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:10 pm a sampled sound card for the QL Internal speaker (brave tinkerers only)
Interesting idea, I wonder how it sounds, given the low quality of the QL internal speaker.