Page 1 of 1

Wiki Updated

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:20 am
by NormanDunbar
Morning All,

I've updated the Wiki and all the relevant plugins to the latest security version.

In addition, we have had a recent influx of new users, hello and welcome. Those of you who had what appeared to be valid email addresses which matched your usernames, have been updated to writer status. The remainder are stuck at read only for various reasons, including but not limited to:
  • A serious mismatch between username requested and email address.
  • An email address that resembles a company email address. Count be spammer's in waiting!

Everything looks to be working fine.


Re: Wiki Updated

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:16 pm
by Chr$
I was wondering just now if it would be possible to bulk replace all mentions of ""

to ""

I think that would fix the hundreds of broken links to Dilwyn's old domain. I'm sure that must be possible and it would at least fix all the broken links there (it might even be possible within the forum, too).
NormanDunbar wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:20 am Everything looks to be working fine.
It bloody is as well! I've just been able to add a new image without it throwing a wobbly for the first time in over 2 years.

Re: Wiki Updated

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:08 am
by NormanDunbar
I'll have a look and see what I can sort out for the Dilwyn thing. Time, as ever, permitting.

I noticed you'd managed an upload of an image. God(s) only know what's been happening there!


Re: Wiki Updated

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:33 pm
by NormanDunbar
Housework done.
Floors washed.
Dog walked. :)

I downloaded the various text files making up the pages and on Linux, a quick:

Code: Select all

sed -i.bck 's/' *.txt
did the work. It changed the files in situ, so amendment dates are not affected, and created a copy of the original file, just in case. After a quick upload, it seems to have worked! The following should all be changed now:

I have a backup of the original files as downloaded, plus a backup of each individual files as created by "sed", so, if there are problems, I should (!) be able to fix them.

Happy to hear of any testing that people do to be sure it worked, thanks.