The recent thing

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Martin_Head
Aurora

The recent thing

Post by Martin_Head »

I have been playing with the Recent Thing in the Q68, and I am having problems with the RCNT_GALL command.

It seems to crash a SBASIC daughter job. And in job 0, throw up a 'error in expression' error without a line number, or return an odd error, like 'not implemented'.

It may also be doing some operating system damage, as other things start to play up as well. Until I reboot.

Is this a known issue?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: The recent thing

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Is the Recent Thing enabled in SMSQ/E?

I usally enable the Recent Thing in SMSQ/E in all Q68 boards, I send out.

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:31 pm Hi,

Is the Recent Thing enabled in SMSQ/E?

I usally enable the Recent Thing in SMSQ/E in all Q68 boards, I send out.
Yes, I'm using the latest Q68 release.

The other Recent Thing commands work (I think). I'm still getting my head around how the Recent Thing Basic extensions work.

It's just that when I try to use the RCNT_GALL command, I get weird problems. Just wondering if other people are seeing this too.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I've been looking at the problem I have in the Q68 with the RCNT_GALL command again.

First RCNT_INFO (example1_bas)
info.png
info.png (5.43 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Now RCNT_GALJ (example3_bas)
galj.png
galj.png (7.09 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Now RCNT_GALL (example4_bas)
gall.png
Note that when RUN, if failed on line 10030 which has nothing wrong with it. It's actually the RCNT_GALL line that has problems.

When I GO TO'ed 330. RCNT_GALL has correctly filled the buffer. So it looks like RCNT_GALL has problems when returning to BASIC.

Note also that RCNT_INFO reports 13 file names, but RCNT_GALL returns 14 file names. The extra file name being the qascade_rc file.

Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick, but I thought that RCNT_INFO with a job ID of 0, gave the general list. So does job 0 have a separate list from the general list? If so how do you select the general list with RCNT_INFO.

When I tried to RUN the program again, SBASIC crashed.
Attachments
example.zip
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Admittedly, RCNT is probably not the most used Thing in SMSQ/E. I had to first activate it on my system using menuconfig. (Tested on QPC2)

I can confirm that RCNT_GALL behaves the same on my system. It doesn't seem to be a buffer overflow, because even if you point the program into the middle of a ridiculously large buffer, it will still behave the same)

RCNT_GARR does practically the same thing and works properly, however.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I'm doing some keyword documentation for the Q68. And I think I will just put a warning in the description of RCNT_GALL that it does not work correctly, and may crash the system.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Martin_Head wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:24 pm I'm doing some keyword documentation for the Q68.
Is that for the Online SuperBASIC manual at https://superbasic-manual.readthedocs.i ... index.html.

If not, perhaps you would be kind enough to let me have the texts and I'll update the manual. Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

NormanDunbar wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:30 pm
Martin_Head wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:24 pm I'm doing some keyword documentation for the Q68.
Is that for the Online SuperBASIC manual at https://superbasic-manual.readthedocs.i ... index.html.

If not, perhaps you would be kind enough to let me have the texts and I'll update the manual. Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm.
I did a couple of documents as replacements for the keywords and concepts sections of the QL user manual for QPC2.

viewtopic.php?t=4407

I'm trying to do something similar, specific for the Q68. I think the Keywords document is mostly done, But I still have a lot to do in the Concepts document.

Your quite welcome to have a copy of what I have done so far, just let me know.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Thanks very much. If you intend to post them here when complete, I'll pick them up then. Otherwise, I'd appreciate a copy when you are done. I'll convert them to the ReStructuredText format required by the Online SuperBASIC manual, and get them uploaded.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

This reminds me of my little project to transfer the Online Superbasic manual to QD Help system, or QHELP.

I have to reformat all the text files for each keywords, as the Online System, does funny things to the ASCII test, like \_ for _ and does not like $ or %

I am up to D at present...

This work quite well, having the S*BASIC program in SMSQ/E and Minerva, pressing F1 on the keyword brings up the description of the Keyword.

Also work for assembler definitions as well.

I originally setup it up to see the syntax for DBAS and QPTR keywords, and with SBAS/QD Thing or QBASIC, thing, can run SBASIC programs from QD.

I have not been able to get Minerva Multi basic to run from QD, just need a thing or program to run pipep and load the Superbasic program.

Regards,

Derek