Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail - solved -

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail - solved -

Post by techy »

hi forum , got this old cst qdisk interface which is not respondign to anything ( no start-up logo on the main ql screen )

i have tested the eprom in the rom socket of the ql -> works fine

Now to get to the task of getting the interface card to give me a response ......

i socketed all ic's but no luck .

is there any one out there with the schematic to this card ?
m_IMG_4282.jpg
=> this is NOT the screen i get when i insert the floppy interface !!
cst qdisk interface.jpg
cst qdisk interface.jpg (64.62 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Last edited by techy on Fri May 26, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Re: cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail

Post by techy »

So i can read the installed eprom on the eprom-port of the ql ,

but NO action when installed on the qdisk interface.

5 volt is there .

all ttl chips have been verified .

looking for a good picture of all chips installed , as maybe the previous owner put on a wrong chip ......

or maybe the transistor ( without marking on mine ) ??

any help ??

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

If the ROM on the CST QDISK interface has been replaced, it maybe not usable on the CST QDISK, as CST used a jumbled ROM scheme to programme their Firmware ROMs.

So if the current EPROM is a standard ROM code then this is the problem.

This has been discussed in this thread:viewtopic.php?t=3422

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Is this the right circuit? https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/docs/hardware/index.html

I think I have one of these disk interfaces that does not work in one QL, but works OK in another. But I've got a feeling it had some DIP switches on it, so maybe not the same.

Never did get around to trying to figure out why it worked in one, but not the other.

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

give that a try in a couple of hours !! ,
As i thought the jumbling was the other way round , and spent hours to find out if they xor-ed it

erasing an erpom right now , and this evening i will give it a try

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Martin_Head wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:15 am Is this the right circuit? https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/docs/hardware/index.html

I think I have one of these disk interfaces that does not work in one QL, but works OK in another. But I've got a feeling it had some DIP switches on it, so maybe not the same.

Never did get around to trying to figure out why it worked in one, but not the other.
I had a CST QDisk many years ago, and it was updated by CST a few times for me for one reason or another. I remember that one of them (not sure which of the three versions though) used to work fine in my main QL at the time, but not in the other. Also, I was never able to get the CST disk interface and the 512K Sandy RAM board to work together, though both would work fine with other interfaces.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I uploaded a copy of my Jumbled up CST ROM v1.8 see viewtopic.php?p=47918#p47918

Regards,

Derek
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Thank you all !!

interface is working like it should !!

with 1.18 rom .

techy
Gold Card

Re: SOLVED cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail

Post by techy »

Can someone verify if this eprom image is a usable cst qdisk 1.19 ??
cst qdisk 1.19.rar
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
i don't know the source , i found it on an old floppy , but can not make it work on my qdisk version ?? .

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail

Post by Derek_Stewart »

techy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:07 pm Can someone verify if this eprom image is a usable cst qdisk 1.19 ??
cst qdisk 1.19.rar
i don't know the source , i found it on an old floppy , but can not make it work on my qdisk version ?? .
I have a CST QDISK with v1.18 installed, I will see if I can burn another ROM with the v1.19 image.

probably be over the weekend.

Regards,

Derek