QL Adventurers' Forum Magazine Scans

A place to discuss general QL issues.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

QL Adventurers' Forum Magazine Scans

Post by vanpeebles »

With kind permission from Richard Alexander, the man behind the QL Adventures' Forum magazine, I have uploaded some scans of the magazine here:

http://www.northwestlinux.net/~qlforum/

Note the following disclaimer:

"Richard says it would be fine to put these online - although he is not sure that he has the copyright to all the articles, so just put a note saying the publisher gave permission but if any writer objects then you'll remove anything they wrote. should cover you."

Also many thanks to Rich Mellor for sorting this with Richard and to Dilwyn Jones for being trusting enough to send me all of his QLAF magazines in the post to scan. And to Rob for the webspace.

I've also blacked out any addresses, which is taking a while as I have had to print them back out, cross the addresses out with marker pen and then scan them back in. ;)

QLAF was an excellent games based magazine that started out on disc in the late '80s and ran for around 11 issues, covering various games including adventures and adventure game programming.

Two issues uploaded so far!

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: QL Adventurers' Forum Magazine Scans

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Anything I wrote is fine to go there (I'm not sure in which issue I started contributing though)

Small note on copyright: the dragon cover image and the stalactites and stalagmites images for the maps are copyright Rozynna Jaffer and should not be reused outside of the context of the magazine. Rozynna was a friend at uni - I've lost touch with her but she did do them as a favour so I feel I should point that out.

EDIT: clarification, when I say outside of the context of the magazine I don't mean it should not appear in the zips as they are now, just not taken from the zips and used as art elsewhere.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

It's ok, I knew what you meant :) Up to 4 issues online now, taking my time to check them over.

Jungsi01

Post by Jungsi01 »

I've converted them for myself into PDF und EPub-format for reading on my tablet ;-)
PN if someone is interested in the files.
@vanpeebles: If you like them for your webspace tell me please :-)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Thank you for the offer but for the moment I'll keep plugging away with the jpegs. I'll try to get some more uploaded tonight :)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Keep up the good work - I have been enjoying re-reading some of these :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

RWAP wrote:Keep up the good work - I have been enjoying re-reading some of these :)
No problem thank you for writing some of the articles years ago :) The ACT ones are very good and very useful!

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Jungsi01 wrote:I've converted them for myself into PDF und EPub-format for reading on my tablet ;-)
ePub format would be great as I could read them on my PlayBook. Do you have them online anywhere?

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

I was going to OCR the files and convert them to ePub or Mobi.

If it is already done, maybe Dilwyn could make them availble on his website.

Derek

Regards,

Derek
Jungsi01

Post by Jungsi01 »

Sparrowhawk wrote:
Jungsi01 wrote:I've converted them for myself into PDF und EPub-format for reading on my tablet ;-)
ePub format would be great as I could read them on my PlayBook. Do you have them online anywhere?

Hello Sparrowhawk,
If You send me a PN with your e-mail adress I can send you a link where you can get it ot my ubuntu one space. This is also for all others. You can find there also the PDF-files.
On my own webspace there is not so many free space available.