QL Pico VGA

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Cristian
Aurora

Re: QL Pico VGA

Post by Cristian »

Amazing! Thank you!

ppe
Trump Card

Post by ppe »

Peter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 pm please find attached Gerbers, schematics and placeplan for my Mini VGA board.
Great work as always, Peter. Many thanks for making these available!

Cheers,
Petri

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI,

I will look into getting some PCBs made.

The schematic indicates Reichelt Electronik for some parts, unfortunatley, that have told me that they can not allowed to invoice or delivery t the UK due to Brexit. However, the parts are available from other suppliers.

Regards,

Derek
afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

Peter wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 pm Hi folks,
please find attached Gerbers, schematics and placeplan for my Mini VGA board.
That miniaturized design is great! Thank you very much for sharing it.

Derek_Stewart wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:14 am I will look into getting some PCBs made.
I'm definitely interested in one if you make a batch of them.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:14 am The schematic indicates Reichelt Electronik for some parts [...]
Not really. Reichelt is just mentioned as secondary source, if the first mentioned part number is not available.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

afx wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:37 pm That miniaturized design is great! Thank you very much for sharing it.
Thanks. At the moment it just suffers from the unlucky pin choice for VGA HSYNC and VSYNC. I hope Oliver will provide an alternative soon. It could make sense to wait for that before actually wiring.

Also note that I did not add a cable relief in order to keep size as small as possible. So that needs to be covered by the HD-Sub case.

Maybe (just maybe) I'll also design a larger version with normal PCB HD-Sub connector and cable relief, if Oliver comes up with more suitable pinout.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

afx wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:37 pm I'm definitely interested in one if you make a batch of them.
Hint for the impatient: The Gerbers are directly uploadble at aisler.net where the board costs € 4.99, free shipment, when ordering three pieces.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

qlminivga_bottom.jpg
Bottom side with the RP2040 zero module. Note that the HD-Sub must be soldered to the QL adaptor board first, before the module is added.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I looked at aisler.net, looks a good company and ships to the UK, using UPS as the shipping company, same as I use for the Q68.

I planned to get the PCBs made and get the SMD components soldered at the same time. Just leaving the RP2040-Zero to programme and solder, RGB cable and VGA socket to connect up.

I will maybe get a batch of 30, which would include the Pico RP2040-Zero

Regards,

Derek
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm I will maybe get a batch of 30, which would include the Pico RP2040-Zero
Please keep in mind it is currently required to desolder the LED from the module. Not a nice job for 30 pieces.