Online emulator

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Online emulator

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Is that new or have I missed it for ages?! Pretty neat anyway.

One thing: on this Linux laptop, I cannot get the # key to register at all. Is there a key combo that works instead?
(Not tested it on Win or Mac yet)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
XorA
Site Admin

Re: Online emulator

Post by XorA »

Sparrowhawk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:55 am Is that new or have I missed it for ages?! Pretty neat anyway.

One thing: on this Linux laptop, I cannot get the # key to register at all. Is there a key combo that works instead?
(Not tested it on Win or Mac yet)
It was discussed in sQLux thread a little. But it is new as in a few weeks. That ppe dude is responsible for webbing sQLux.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

thanks, I'll go take a look for that info.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I used it a little, well pleased with it. Must try to make time to delve further into it and prepare a few games for it, Delighted to have a QL emulator in a browser, thanks ppe and XorA (who is to blame for the sQLux emulator itself).

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

I cannot get the # key to register at all. Is there a key combo that works instead?
Errrrrrm

I think some form of unintended key translation is going on :-D

ppe
Trump Card

Post by ppe »

After XorA did some heave lifting on restructuring the source code it was relatively easy to compile a WebASM version. The web page is work-in-progress. Intention is to add relevant sqlux configuration options like amount of memory, etc. to the web interface. But I have too many projects at the moment so the web interface is in hiatus.

To avoid confusion, reloading the page restarts the emulator.

No idea why the # key is not working. Not that it's useful in SuperBASIC development :D

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

ppe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:43 pm After XorA did some heave lifting on restructuring the source code it was relatively easy to compile a WebASM version. The web page is work-in-progress. Intention is to add relevant sqlux configuration options like amount of memory, etc. to the web interface. But I have too many projects at the moment so the web interface is in hiatus.

No idea why the # key is not working. Not that it's useful in SuperBASIC development :D
So I can type # with the default keymap, but not the GB one :-D (this is running on my macbook) its possible the key is just missing!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

ppe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:43 pm After XorA did some heave lifting on restructuring the source code it was relatively easy to compile a WebASM version. The web page is work-in-progress. Intention is to add relevant sqlux configuration options like amount of memory, etc. to the web interface. But I have too many projects at the moment so the web interface is in hiatus.

How do you specific a channel number, if the # is not available?

Regards,

Derek
ppe
Trump Card

Post by ppe »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:29 pm
ppe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:43 pm
How do you specific a channel number, if the # is not available?
Yeah, sorry for making a very poor attempt at a joke. Obviously needs to be fixed!

ppe
Trump Card

Post by ppe »

XorA delivered again, fixing the GB keymap! New version deployed. On my Finnish keyboard the "§" key now produces the "#" character. "§" apparently is the backtick key on GB/US keyboards.

Many thanks to XorA!