My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Re: My UniBASIC Interpreter on Sinclair QL, a Motorolla 68008 based machine

Post by RalfR »

Wpold be nice to get these programs for download!

4E75 7000
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Hello Ansar,
on the UniBASIC topic, eight forum topics have now been started. Could you please join your posts in a single topic?
Thanks, Peter

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I watched the interpreter video on his channel and I don't understand what the point is. The "tty.bas" program is a completely normal SuperBASIC program, nothing special in "UNIbasic", why do you need a special interpreter? The QL already has one.

4E75 7000
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Yesterday I watched on YouTube the new interpreter video on his channel and I left a comment. My comment was promptly hidden and it is no longer visible.
I presume that ansar used the Youtube feature called "Hide user from channel" which makes all my comments and future comments hidden/not to be shown.
I just remarked that, when executed on a real QL or in emulator, the code for Drwhy.bas listed on screen has a different output than the output actually shown in the video when Drwhy.exe is run. DRwhy.exe is supposed to be the compiled version of Drwhy.bas, so the output should be the same, but it's not.
Also considering that both programs shown in the video are plain Superbasic programs, it is not at all clear for me what is the use of the Unibasic Interpretor running on the Sinclair QL.

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members

The YT channel has a feature that keeps comments hidden due to children activity.
I did not know that but now I disenabled it when found it in YT Settings.
Probably you read my posts but do not get the points, due to my way of writing or something.
In my post for the Interpreter, here in this forum, it is stated that SuperBASIC is a subset of UniBASIC.
UniBASIC has far more keywords, variable declarations and so on.
A simple example is that supports variables, arrays an fuctions of 32 bit integers directly, including 32 bit addition, substraction etc for variables, arrays, mono
dual operators and functions.
But above all UniBASIC can be extended and developed continuesly in time like and operating system for instance.
As far as Tty.bas and Drwhy.bas, these are probably modified by me for on screen colors or something.
I think the above can hilight raised questions.
It is noted that only a very small portion if the till now development has been published.
Thanks for commenting!!
Finally I could not find the forum feature of merging posts to a topic, probably that this does not exist

Best Regards,
ansar

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

ansar wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:50 pm In my post for the Interpreter, here in this forum, it is stated that SuperBASIC is a subset of UniBASIC.
UniBASIC has far more keywords,
Does this means that it is possible to write a program that will run on the QL and uses keywords that are not in SuperBasic? Like a Point function that works in pixel coordinates, as in other Basic flavours?
Do you have a video of an example?

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Hi Andrew,

There many keywords as well as declarations.
I forgot to mention that UniBASIC supports also long real variables, arrays etc.
Also writing on the screen, it is pixel by pixel for letters, numbers, lines and everything else.
I do not have a machine as a QL compatible or a bus card with 680x0, but it is for sure that all compiled apps including UniBASIC interpreter and UniBASIC Compiler will run, and will run as faster as the motorolla processors support.
In any case if you can pm me a .bas or if it is a small one and can be posted here, to see what you exactly mean, then can be more specific about it.

Best Regards,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

Demonstrating UniBASIC 32 bit numbers, variables, arrays, functions and operators on the Sinclair QL

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

You can watch in my YT channel the UniBASIC Interpreter and Compiler running on Sinclair QL the demo.bas program.
In this video the UniBASIC Interpreter will load the UniBASIC demo.bas program with the load command, will list it on the screen with the list command and will tokenize it to demo.tkz with the qsave command.
Next will invoke the UniBASIC Compiler with the exec command to read the demo.tkz and produce the executable demo for the Sinclair QL.
Then will return from the Compiler to the Interpreter and will invoke the demo executable with the exec command.
Here base and target machine is the Sinclair QL.
The demo executable will demonstrate printing 32 bit:
- positive numbers
- negative numbers
- addition
- substruction
- multiplication
- division
- power and
- power, addition and multiplictation

The same is applied to 32 bit arrays, functions, operators etc.

It is noted that a 64 bit library is also developed and will be implemented.

Thanks for your tap on the thumps up button, if you like my creative code works.

Best Regars,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My Text Editor on Sinclair QL

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

In the new video on my YT channel, can watch my Text Editor running and editing files for the base and target machine, the Sinclair QL.

The Text Editor is mostly used for My Motorolla M68x00 and Intel 80x86 assemblers.

It can also be used as a cross platform Text editor, running on Sinclair QL and producing Text files for target machines as PCs, Atari ST, Amiga and Mac's.

The Text Editor is written in UniBASIC programming language and has been compiled by my UniBASIC Compiler.

Basic features are:
- sh, show info of the editing file
- b, bottom of file
- t, top of file
- ff, find forward
- fb, find backword
- sa, save current file
- bs, block start
- be, block end
- wb, write block
- ib, insert block
- db, delete block
- if filename, insert file
- sa filename, save file
- r filename, re-enter a new file
- x, save current file and quit
- q, quit
and many control moves to explore easily the Text file and make desired changes.

It can also read any other file as can be seen in this video, but for HEX editing there is another more proper app, the Hex editor that will be presented in a future video.

Thanks for watching and do not forget to subscribe to my channel, if you like my creative code works.

Best Regards,
ansar

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Re: My Text Editor on Sinclair QL

Post by stevepoole »

Hi ansar,
Your remark that your program can be used as a cross-platform editor for PCs is intrigueing :

Does this mean QL programs will run natively on PCs ? Can you give an example ?

Steve.