QLCOMMANDER - testers and help needed

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
7alken
ROM Dongle

Re: QLCOMMANDER - testers and help needed

Post by 7alken »

thanks Andrew, sure, I will post it to github for sure, may be I will divert from QDOS qith QLXC, but want to do it clean/separated and for sure with credits over GPL;
for readability, I mean mostly long lines which dont fit into WTV window of internal editor, trying to do it more linear top-down than scaterred to sides, its linked to my proposed vmex/aslix lang slightly below C, where interactive SB fits nicely + plus also things like some%=some%+other% as "some% = some% + other%" etc, where myriad of symbols hurts me, quite bit ))
(this can be algoritmized, back and forth, so here I want to do something)
but you did HUGE work on this, I am learning, being totally new to QL ... thank you for QLC, I am unable to live without norton-like commander... (tc on win)
Petr

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

here is attached what I have now, using that simplified SSB (also the code for LoadSsbFile) + also my SciTE config files for vb/cpp and global with semantic colors, I use them everywhere unified, know that nnotepad++ is based on scintilla too, but I am decades using raw SciTE as editor, so ... only recently used notepad++ on some z80 assembler, if there are features to just remove line numbers, I didnt knew that - but as VB uses apostrophe for comments, I used them too for syntax coloring, and som must replace globally *almost* all apostrophes to " ... you know, I need SB lexer quickly, trying to do something as simple as possible here, in C-like transform I can imagine also post increments/decrements as some++/some-- etc ... in SB, is probably not possible to shorten some lines with long list of arguments by "\" or so (this iis embedded in full Tims SSB, ya) ... if you wish, use that old SSB project, it has also @labels and #include, but it needs some more instumentation to setup, I am now simply happy that I can edit withou tlines and work freely in code, adding spaces between proce/funcs, generating ":" etc, ... with such simple code, ... but as I read now the Jan's SB book on kindle, no way to have long lines separator, thats fact, but I want to limit this as much as possible, learning also all the comands for terminal over channels, I like this all, but here VB lexer si also wild when # is used some way, ... as this can hurt somebody, I want to write formatting code for automation - this example is done manually, and gradually, I really like rather far more lines, but linear code flow top-down, and lots of separation of code blocks, so generating even with 1 line number increment, renumbering lot, and there is 32767 limit ... playing with that all, ya ... fell in love to interactive simplicity, knowwing its danger ))
Attachments
231104 QLXC ssb example.zip
(341.51 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I usually write SBASIC programs in a QL environment, in QPC2, SMSQMulator or Q68, and use QD to write the code, which can be run with the QD/SBAS Thing, or QBASIC Thing to compile it.

QD does not do syntax colouring, but I can use Microemacs for that.

QD allows numberless SBASIC program execution. But you need to open explicit channels for Window channels.

QD adds a nice Help System, which once configured can give definitions of the syntax of the keywords.

I have altered the QLC Configurator program to use its own channel I/O rather than use the existing channels 0,1,2

I was looking at QLC, but got diverted with hardware.

Regards,

Derek
7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

excuse me, I forgot to include entire my folder working with compiled bas files; using this you can by Enter open also my ssb into bas and do quick save by "s" for example ...
this is single thing added for now, + the "c" for test recompiling qlc after edits by desktop SciTE ... (but this IS dangerous, it replaces the the qlc under the hands, needs to be "s"aved also
(still working on this, but NOW, I am happy already in scite editor without the numbers...)
Petr
Attachments
231114a qlc.zip
(485.72 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

if you want to wait, I will complete manual reformat of this for sure, to have base for auto formatter compare, but it may not be wanted by everyone, I realized its quite common to glue things in SB this way ... I am afraid, its not for me, especially while learning to read the code ... ))
Petr

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

Hi Derek, many thanks for this info about QD, I started to work without any knowledge )) ... ya, I am also not so QL purist yet, being win guy for decades, addicted, but shocked that QPC2 runs things FAST even now on my i7 intelNUC crippled by switched of turbo because of damaged fan (replacements from ebay waiting on desk already) ...
I in fact LOVE the integrated ED also ... its is so quick to fix a bug; I am trying to integrate something VERY robust into QL(X)C ... and want to made it scriptable with it, may be configurable F-keys by profiles in mergable code, rather than lots of code in single turbo-compiled blob + scripts on selected files (functional, in fact; there was some norton-like commander 30yrs ago on dos/lin, ArcShell, was VERY usefull to write functional bat scripts on selected files/folders)
Petr
Last edited by 7alken on Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

sure, just now realized that SB with added spaces (and more lines) is also larger in tokenized form, so here is the motivation, probably, ya ... okay
thats the reason why formatter, to be able to compress code to the ugliest form in need ))
but thats NOT my motivation (hating js, btw); I can imagine free QLXC code as example of SB with human face for QL newbie as I am now, not affected by any knowledge

btw, while I have one BBQL here, I am unable to transfer anything to it yet, seeking soon QL-SD or so, maybe QIMSI, 512k RAM, SuperHERMES and soldering internally Bluetooth JDY-33 adapter for UART, but this all later --- SMSQ/E is wonderfull and in fact, I want to make also portable QL with uQLux on RPi0-like with OLED 7" (waveshare 70H-1024600) and Perixx wireless keyboard (periboard 706 plus), all built into some nice form, similar to Olivetti M10 ))

Petr

Jungsi
ROM Dongle

Post by Jungsi »

I just wanted to say how great QLCommander is. I set it up for my QUIMSI yesterday and ran into a few problems. But I was able to solve them after reading this thread repeatedly. The mouse operation, the copying of entire directories including subdirectories - perfect. Plus the direct editing of files!
Thank you! :-) :-)

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

hi Andrew and all, as I am still learning QL SuperBasic, still investigating deeply, I played with QLC code in my "simplified SSB" without line numbers more, its almost completelly reformatted for more linear style (far less inline ":"), only procs/funcs arguments cause long lines now (trying to fit the WTV window width), this can be in "simplified SSB" solved other way, I preffere functions with mandatory () braces around arguments, having return value for _err (even dummy) and as I am using it on fast machine with QPC2+SMSQ/E now, for more reliability I replaced all "/" by "div" and removed all "%" integer suffixes - was reading QLiberator manual to fetch some knowledge and it says that interpreter in fact ISNT faster? I dont plan to compile this, so I was simplfying also if-else-endif clauses, removing most of unnecessary for interpreter (possible to return/generate them from "ssb" later too, as well as returning "%" integer suffixes - but for this I need handmade lexer for line-oriented basic lang...
(now with such "ssb" style I am far more able to work with the SuperBasic using SciTE/Notepad++/scintilla)

please, Andrew, if you dont want this to be posted here, let me know ... as I divert from your intent to run this on BBQL, for now (and I removed "%", it sems compilers can be smart for loops, etc);
(I have it on "dos1" shared drive of SMSQ/E, in "qlc" folder, executing by load dos1_xc + run + run, exiting by F10 and compiling esktop edited "qlxc.ssb" by "c" (needs twice to properly update qlxc.bas))
Petr
Attachments
231125e qlc - NO integers.zip
(650.45 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
231125d qlc - last integers.zip
(580.37 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

7alken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:58 am please, Andrew, if you dont want this to be posted here, let me know ...
Hi Petr - i have nothing aginst posting here.
But I do not really understand the scope of all your changes. If it's just a learning exercise, that's ok. If you have a specific target, like adding some new functionality, that's great. What is your scope?
7alken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:58 am I dont plan to compile this
I do not understant this. I mean, running QLCommander in interpretor it's not really ok, as some functionality will be lost (you will not be able to load another basic source or run a program that has a basic loader). Also in the event that QLCommander's execution is not correctly stopped then the allocated memory will not be released.