Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
t0nyt
Gold Card

Re: Today I Received...

Post by t0nyt »

Chr$ wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:51 pm
t0nyt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:09 pm
Chr$ wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:59 pm Jealous of Mortville Manor, I've never seen that one available for sale.
Spotted them being sold as a pair on eBay and thought they were worth nabbing

After Re-felting them all, Wanderer seems to be fully intact (have taken backups) but Mortville has 4 corrupt files :sad:

Does anyone have the following files they'd be willing to supply/sell me so I can repair the originals (or at least the backups I've made) please?

Mort1 MDV is missing smanoir_exe, manoir_exe & car2_o
Mort2 MDV is missing d62

Many thanks
I have those files and will happily send them. In fact I'll send the complete images I have of carts 1 and 2. I got them in a lot described as 'originals' but I think they have been cloned somehow, at least the file structure looks original.
Many thanks Chris, much appreciated

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

My QIMSI has arrived safely, many thanks Stephan

IMG_3706.jpeg
IMG_3706.jpeg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 941 times

And now wearing it's "protection"...
IMG_3707.jpeg

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Congratulations on becoming the proud father of a QIMSI. Great device.

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

dilwyn wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:51 pm Congratulations on becoming the proud father of a QIMSI. Great device.
Just got to work out how to use it properly now. Have had a quick play but am going to re-read the manual etc. to get the best out of it

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

The uSD card storage was the single best feature for me, along with the mouse facility. It has so many features for such a small device!

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

dilwyn wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:37 pm The uSD card storage was the single best feature for me, along with the mouse facility. It has so many features for such a small device!
I've not tried pointer environment yet, so don't currently have a need for a mouse. Will get one at some point though.

Yes, a ton of features in such a small device. Pretty stunning really.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

So this arrived yesterday. It's a small BBC BASIC for the Beeb tutorial. It was written by my computing teacher at school, and is the first computer "manual" I ever read. And from that a career as a developer followed :)
dsilva_bbc_basic_booklet-s.png
I rashly threw my copy away after I left school (foolish child!) and have been looking for a copy for decades. The school no longer has copies, I could not find an address for anyone form Muse publishing. This one came up by chance on eBay last week as an extra provided with another BASIC manual I was looking at - I froze when I saw it in the pic.

Anyway, quest over.

There ought to be a word for that feeling you get when you see a longed-for item on eBay with a Buy It Now button and you can barely move for fear that somebody else will get in ahead of you :D

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I rescued a BBC Basic manual from a school I worked out - was for RM machines - but it contains the full list of commands. Also since picked up some books on the Z88 that cover BBC Basic - It's a good version of the language.

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

Picked these up on eBay from a local seller so arrived already

Had been watching out for a C1Mon manual in particular

IMG_3720.jpeg

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

A Retro-Printer box from RWAP, now to try and set it up for my QL (& TI-99/4a hopefully)

IMG_3754.jpeg