Q68 Order Process

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Q68 Order Process

Post by Derek_Stewart »

otis wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:30 pm Should one Q68 be available, I'm all in. Please :-) Thanks!
Hi otis,

I am in the process of building the Q68, I will add you to the list.

Regards,

Derek
IKH
ROM Dongle

Post by IKH »

Received my Q68 a few days ago, Thanks to Derek and everyone involved in Q68. Arrived by UPS, as stated. Unfortunately my dog decided that a ps2 connector tasted very good, so keyboard can be reassigned to the scrap. Ordered the first keyboard I could find on Amazon. Worked first time, then read the manual. Okay long storey short, my Q68 is up and running, and I could not be more pleased. So once again fantastic job and thank you to Derek for all your hard work.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

IKH wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:00 pm Received my Q68 a few days ago, Thanks to Derek and everyone involved in Q68. Arrived by UPS, as stated. Unfortunately my dog decided that a ps2 connector tasted very good, so keyboard can be reassigned to the scrap. Ordered the first keyboard I could find on Amazon. Worked first time, then read the manual. Okay long storey short, my Q68 is up and running, and I could not be more pleased. So once again fantastic job and thank you to Derek for all your hard work.
Welcome to the Q68 Owners Club! It's a great machine for SMSQ/E.
If you get a fancy for trying out Jan's Minrva4Q68, it would be nice to see if anyone else can get the Minerva working for current batch Q68s. If someone else can get it working, we'll know there's something peculiar about my mouse or keyboard or something like that. Might help prevent Jan tearing his hair out!

IKH
ROM Dongle

Post by IKH »

I have booted up Minerva, seems to be okay, although I havn't had time to test it out properly yet.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

IKH wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:28 pm I have booted up Minerva, seems to be okay, although I havn't had time to test it out properly yet.
Oh dear. Looks like I have the only Q68 in the entire universe that can't run Minerva :oops: :cry:

IKH
ROM Dongle

Post by IKH »

As I said, booted Minerva, pressed F1 and typed a few basic commands. Nothing more. So I can't say that it runs as it should, but I can say that I have a German keyboard, so had to type a few Keys before I found the one I wanted but Minerva accepted what I entered. Does that make sense?

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

IKH wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:42 pm As I said, booted Minerva, pressed F1 and typed a few basic commands. Nothing more. So I can't say that it runs as it should, but I can say that I have a German keyboard, so had to type a few Keys before I found the one I wanted but Minerva accepted what I entered. Does that make sense?
You can download the Q68_DEROM.SYS image from https://github.com/janbredenbeek/Minerv ... ee/working and rename it to Q68_ROM.SYS. This is a ROM build for German keyboard layouts.
(one of the things on top of my todo list is to merge these versions into one and make the keyboard layout configurable).

IKH
ROM Dongle

Post by IKH »

Minerva runs on my q68. Haven't tried the german keyboard version yet. Will post if I have problems. I think that if we are talking about minerva on q68 shouldn't we open a new thread? I am coming back to the QL after many years. All your help is welcome.
Have minerva running on one sd card using two .win containers as win1 and win2. Only use win and not mdv but runs.
Q68 is the best thing I have bought. Brings back many memories.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

IKH wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:15 pm I think that if we are talking about minerva on q68 shouldn't we open a new thread?
Probably yes. But as a quick info: FPGA version 1.05, which Derek prbably uses on new boards, supports the external interrupt bit in PC.INTR. So ethernet interrupts can be seen in that bit. SMSQ/E and QDOS do not use this bit, but Minerva does. Which might explain the problems. The external interrupt bit was not implemented in FPGA version 1.02.
IKH wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:15 pm Q68 is the best thing I have bought. Brings back many memories.
I'm happy to hear the good old Q68 is still useful. :D

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

dilwyn wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:46 am Oh dear. Looks like I have the only Q68 in the entire universe that can't run Minerva :oops: :cry:
One thing to keep in mind is that the Q68 loader can only load unfragmended images from FAT32.
If you have not tried before, please try a freshly formatted card, with only Q68 Minerva on it.