SuperQBoard Replacement Manual

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
RalfR
Aurora

Re: SuperQBoard Replacement Manual

Post by RalfR »

Thanks Derek. Yes, this is the original manual from the Original boxed QRam package. I just thought, an new bought SQB mouse got a special manual. I have upgraded my old one at Sandy's to the mouse version.

I can't remember but I think, I have got a boxed QRam package with it. The Pointer I/F (ptr_imi at the time) on the QRam disk was newer than the one on the board.

4E75 7000
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

RalfR wrote:Do you also have the QRam manual mentioned in your Sandy manual? Somewhere must be mentioned, that you have to invoke the Pointer I/F with the command "POINTER" on the SQB mouse.

I never understand, why this was put into the ROM as every week there was a new one in these times from TT. WMAN had always be loaded separately from disk.
I do have the QRAM manual - but I see that Derek has already scanned it. I'll check mine next week to see if they differ in any way (I can't do it now, I'm off to Paris in a moment, woohoo! :D )

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I did not scan it.

The manual was scanned by someone else.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RalfR wrote:Thanks Derek. Yes, this is the original manual from the Original boxed QRam package. I just thought, an new bought SQB mouse got a special manual. I have upgraded my old one at Sandy's to the mouse version.

I can't remember but I think, I have got a boxed QRam package with it. The Pointer I/F (ptr_imi at the time) on the QRam disk was newer than the one on the board.
Ralf, was the "imi" part of the name PTR_IMI the same IMI as in "Internal Mouse Interface" (as in QIMI)?

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote:Ralf, was the "imi" part of the name PTR_IMI the same IMI as in "Internal Mouse Interface" (as in QIMI)?
Yes, TT has explained that in one of his letters. I saw early versions at Martin Berndt before my SQB upgrade and there was no explanation about that.

Although I'm not sure if the full design of the QIMI existed before the SQB mouse. But I guess that at least the hardware design and the software design were fixed, otherwise Sandy wouldn't have been able to do it. The only thing I never understood was the built-in pointer I/F, it could have been saved. It was already deprecated with the first QRam version.

4E75 7000