QL-SD Headache

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
XorA
Site Admin

Re: QL-SD Headache

Post by XorA »

Ok, naming noted, I shall make sure I reference this in future.

I am working from the Qubide source codes and so far have not found an issue with the file you supplied with my QL-SD. I will upload to github over the weekend when I have it looking a bit saner then you can take a look at the data structures and see if there is anything you think I missed or got wrong.

G

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

dilwyn wrote: Yes, Peter, I would be happy to host the files if you wish.

I could even set up a QL-SD specific page if that would help, e.g. manual, software, third party software (if XorA wishes to make his tools software available when complete).

Either send it to me as a zipped attachment to an email, or post it here and I will copy it from here. Posting here would mean it's available in two places, a kind of backup if my website went down at any time, for example.
Many thanks, Dilwyn. After uploading, I received the message "The uploaded file is empty."
File length 2.4 MB - is that a problem?

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote: (if XorA wishes to make his tools software available when complete).
They are under the same license as qltools (due to borrowing code). So as long as someone can make it compile/run on windows its all cool.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

After shrinking the archive to 1 MB, it now says: "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Just a quick question - does the MAKE_DIR command ensure that DIR shows directories with a -> suffix in the listing?

I am just thinking about q-emulator and how that lacks proper level 2 drivers....

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Peter wrote:
dilwyn wrote: Yes, Peter, I would be happy to host the files if you wish.

I could even set up a QL-SD specific page if that would help, e.g. manual, software, third party software (if XorA wishes to make his tools software available when complete).

Either send it to me as a zipped attachment to an email, or post it here and I will copy it from here. Posting here would mean it's available in two places, a kind of backup if my website went down at any time, for example.
Many thanks, Dilwyn. After uploading, I received the message "The uploaded file is empty."
File length 2.4 MB - is that a problem?
Not sure what the maximum file size for Ql Forum is (Rob/vanpeebles - can you clarify?)

You should be able to email up to 5MB attachment to me, will PM you the best email address to use, Peter.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:Just a quick question - does the MAKE_DIR command ensure that DIR shows directories with a -> suffix in the listing?

I am just thinking about q-emulator and how that lacks proper level 2 drivers....
Isn't that down to the DIR command itself, not MAKE_DIR?

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Depends on the DIR command. E.g. the directory names of the identical Level 2 filesytem are shown with -> under SMSQ and without, under QDOS.

Never had any problem with level 2 drivers under Qemulator.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I always thought that the level 2 driver implemented a version of the DIR command which adds the ->

However, QDOS on Q-emulator does not do this (even with Toolkit II enabled) and Level 2 Support.

What does Minerva do?

Without the -> it makes it very hard to realise that a filename in a directory is actually a sub-directory!

Also Q-emuLator has problems with WCOPY which may be related:

eg. try:

SAVE flp1_TEST
SAVE flp1_TEST_bas

WCOPY flp1_TEST,flp2_TEST

You get an error message (because there is a file called flp1_TEST).

WCOPY flp1_TES,flp2_TES works fine....

I have no idea what causes this issue as it can't be Toolkit II....

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Looks floppy specific, not like a general Qemulator problem. E.g.

SAVE SDC1_TEST
SAVE SDC1_TEST_bas
WCOPY SDC1_TEST,WIN1_TEST

works fine.