Anouncement for the 40th Anniversary of the Sinclair QL in Dormagen (Germany)

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Anouncement for the 40th Anniversary of the Sinclair QL in Dormagen (Germany)

Post by Pr0f »

I manged to get a flight sorted to Koln, no rooms available at the venue hotel, but I'm booked in at a hotel down the road, so will be arriving Thursday and going back Sunday Evening. Wondering if it's cheaper to get trains and taxi's or book a car at the airport as it's only just up the road. It's only a shortish walk between my hotel and the venue, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Anouncement for the 40th Anniversary of the Sinclair QL in Dormagen (Germany)

Post by Peter »

Pr0f wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 pm I manged to get a flight sorted to Koln, no rooms available at the venue hotel, [...]
That is very surprising. From what Detlef told me, they should have plenty of rooms free that weekend. If you can still cancel the other hotel, better contact Detlef and let him check back.

Fantastic that you can come!

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

Peter wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm
Pr0f wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 pm I manged to get a flight sorted to Koln, no rooms available at the venue hotel, [...]
That is very surprising. From what Detlef told me, they should have plenty of rooms free that weekend. If you can still cancel the other hotel, better contact Detlef and let him check back.

Fantastic that you can come!
Not able to cancel it, but it is just down the road, so I will stick with the hotel I've booked, I can still join you all for an evening meal :-)

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

The last event I went to for the QL - Stuart Honeyball was demonstrating the trump card! That was in London in the late eighties or possibly very early nineties!