Messing with Morphing

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Re: Messing with Morphing

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Folks,
QLeopatra's Quest, a graphical adventure game is almost ready. It uses morphing for animation.

Cleopatra is aiming for eternal life, but to get it she must sacrifice to the gods, on an island altar.

Sacred tablets enable het to invoke the god's help, but she has to avoid crocodiles and leopards etc....

Time is limited, so she must make haste, and avoid various penalising obstacles.

And that's all the clues you will get ! (So discover by trial and error how to proceed).

First I must renumber the program, (which has seen many merges during development). - Steve-
Capture d’écran (372).png

thorsinclair
Trump Card

Post by thorsinclair »

Looks cool :-)

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Folks,
Well hopefully there should be no quirks left in the program, so here it is !

Just UNZIP, LRUN Gizeh_bas or ESCape. Controls : UP, DOWN & SPACE ... that's all...

Find out how to play by trial and error. Watch the 'hints' below. (Colour changes have no meaning).
(Gods will intervene when you touch sacred tablets : (Sun, Sky & time, =high beep).
But they won't necessarily let you know how. Beware of wild animals (no escape).
Yo must sacrifice enough food on the island altar, (time is usually limited).
With nine lives, seek where to get eternal life.

Tested ok on QPC2, but don't ever RENUM, (as RESTORES will go haywire).
You may need to adapt speed for your processor : Line 4960 process=1E-5, on my setup.
So that's my first attempt at a graphical (morphing) adenture game : QLeopatra's Quest ! Steve.
Gizeh.zip
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Adventurers,

I erroneously mentioned that you cannot escape the leopards, but this is not totally exact ! You can blind them...

As that is impossible to guess at, I decided to give this clue. (Count on >10 minutes to finish the game, once you have mastered it).

Good luck. Regards, Steve.

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi Steve,
Tried your game with my QPC2 setup looks good but am a bit at a lost as what my options are and everything moves to damn fast for my addled brain. Still need you to devote some of your time to more documentation on moves and outcomes maybe add a speed parameter for Novice, Gamer, Super-Gamer.

QBITS

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Qbits,
Thanks for the feedback : I was afraid that the game might be boring if too easy, which is why I provided few clues...

Concerning speed, slow your processor down using the 'process' variable, line 4960, at say process= 1E-5 /2 (or) 1E-5 /3 (etc) ?

That should give you more time to read the 'hints', the only way to work out what you need, so as to progress...

Clue 1: was that you can 'blind' the leopards. Note that you are only helped by one god at a time !

Now here is clue 2: Sacrificial 'food' is to be found under the date-palms. That should help you get started on your quest ?

Regards, Steve.