Most probably the smallest "QL" ever!

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Most probably the smallest "QL" ever!

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Looks great, I could only find £75 plus postage to UK, on Aliexpress.

I wonder if they would reduce the price supplying without Windows.

But importation into the EU would probably require an extra 20% on top.

Regards,

Derek
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

The lowest I could find is 87Euro including transport.
I also have to pay 5% import duties, 19% VAT and a flat tax of 20Euro for import papers (I might avoid that if I do the customs declaration myself, but that also means 4 hours lost at customs office), so the total price would be 129Euro :cry:
Last edited by Andrew on Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinyfpga
Gold Card

Post by Tinyfpga »

How peculiar. As an experiment I have just tried to buy another for free delivery to UK in pounds and got a price of £66.48.
I paid no tax or import duties for my stick. I ordered mine in Portugal, paid in dollars, set the delivery address for
Switzerland and it just arrived in my letter box 10 days later.
I have never ordered a product directly from China before but thought that at £57 the risk was worth taking.
The result, for me, was the free delivery of a tax and duty exempt micro PC.

P2P
ROM Dongle

Post by P2P »

I respect all the effort for installing QL emulators on all kind of small computers and devices. I still think that the smallest QL ever is the QL working on your Android phone. It really works well on your phone by means of the Exagear emulator if you install this on your Android phone, then you can install there qpc2 or Qemulator and everything works fine.. For finding Exagear, see www.github.com.
Then you have a Sinclair QL in your pocket, it works well.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

P2P wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:59 pm I respect all the effort for installing QL emulators on all kind of small computers and devices. I still think that the smallest QL ever is the QL working on your Android phone. It really works well on your phone by means of the Exagear emulator if you install this on your Android phone, then you can install there qpc2 or Qemulator and everything works fine.. For finding Exagear, see www.github.com.
No love for the qlforum emulator? :)

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

P2P wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:59 pm I respect all the effort for installing QL emulators on all kind of small computers and devices. I still think that the smallest QL ever is the QL working on your Android phone. It really works well on your phone by means of the Exagear emulator if you install this on your Android phone, then you can install there qpc2 or Qemulator and everything works fine.. For finding Exagear, see www.github.com.
You clearly havent tried the smart watch version yet..
(Only kidding ;) )
Could you point to Exagear on github, please? I get lost in the woods and then get told off for exceeding my search allowance or something.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
P2P
ROM Dongle

Post by P2P »

One of the source files of Exagear can be found at
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dslQtu2_Su
You can find instruction files there too, good luck.

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Tinyfpga wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:13 am Picture of the smallest PC I could find I to make an interpretation of the QL Wafer.
This is no small QL, cause it does not have a display. What I heave meant is a fully working QL (emulator) with keyboard and display.

The GPDs are GREAT! I love mine, even Visual Studio (nearly full) has now been installed AND wxWidgets.Unfortunately until now I didn't succeed to run my wxWidgets program, which is perfectly running on my normal PC. But that is a problem of Windows, wxWidgets – YACL would have been the better choice, but as the superior QL, it didn't have had success :‑(

Sincerely

Peter

p.s.: NOT written in German and translated with DeepL (I'm afraid you will find a lot of English language errors)

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

ql_freak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:12 am This is no small QL, cause it does not have a display.
This one made me smile. Always thought the original QL also needed an external display ;)

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

The topic here seems "the smallest PC ever".
Obviously every Linux/Android/Windows box can run an emulator.
What is QL specific about all these boxes? We could as well search for the smallest Amiga, Atari 400 or ZX81.

Was there any QL compatible hardware mentioned at all?