Editing text files in a way QL can read them?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Mike K
ROM Dongle

Editing text files in a way QL can read them?

Post by Mike K »

Is it possible to use a text editor such as notepad++ do all the editing and save it in a format that the QL can read it straight away.
I have tried a few methods I can get the QL to read it but each line comes up with mistake on etc.
this would help me in re editing some of my old QL files merging a couple together etc.
regards Mike K

Andrew
Aurora

Re: Editing text files in a way QL can read them?

Post by Andrew »

Mike K wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:04 am I have tried a few methods I can get the QL to read it but each line comes up with mistake on etc.
I use Notepad++ and added QLSuperbasic as User Defined Language.
QL uses only LF at end of the line, not CR+LF, so you have to set Notepad++ to Unix (LF), not Windows or Macintosh. (from the status bar)
I have uploaded the zip with QL Superbasic that can be added as User Defined Language.
Attachments
QLSuperBasic.zip
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Mike K
ROM Dongle

Post by Mike K »

Thanks very much it works well, I can now sort out some of my old QL programs and update them

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi

I to use Notpad for sorting out old SuperBASIC Files that have become a bit worse for wear
or I dowloaded and opd them from a pdf scan.

i save as plain text documents (I think the encoding is UTF-8) load them into a QL Directory Select them with QBITS FTidy and rename them which Saves them in renewed QL Format.

QBits