QL Screen View online

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QL Screen View online

Post by RWAP »

Excellent work and easy to use - thank you Javier.

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

desin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:51 am can you implement some kind of preview so
we can see if the QL screen is mode 4 or mode 8
It's a good idea. I think I could put a switch to toggle between mode 4 and mode 8 before and even after loading the image. But that's going to take me time. I save it under things to do.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

badaman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:51 pm
It's a good idea. I think I could put a switch to toggle between mode 4 and mode 8 before and even after loading the image. But that's going to take me time. I save it under things to do.
In one of my early QL softwares, I had a routine which attempted to guess if a screen was mode 4 or mode 8. It did that by looking at the flash bits. If none or very few flash bits were set it would most likely be mode 8.

In mode 4, the 'flash' bits within the colour word would be green pixel bits, so unless there was no green at all in the mode 4 screen, it was a pretty accurate (though not infallible!) way of checking mode, in fact the only half-way reliable mode I could come up with at the time.

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

dilwyn wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:46 pm
badaman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:51 pm
In one of my early QL softwares, I had a routine which attempted to guess if a screen was mode 4 or mode 8. It did that by looking at the flash bits. If none or very few flash bits were set it would most likely be mode 8.

In mode 4, the 'flash' bits within the colour word would be green pixel bits, so unless there was no green at all in the mode 4 screen, it was a pretty accurate (though not infallible!) way of checking mode, in fact the only half-way reliable mode I could come up with at the time.
I had not thought about it, and it seems like a good idea that can also be combined with the previous one in case the image is not displayed in the appropriate mode. Thank you very much for the contribution!

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

Added new features:
- Unified both HTML into one.
- The swich button changes the display mode of the loaded image.

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

dilwyn wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:46 pm In one of my early QL softwares, I had a routine which attempted to guess if a screen was mode 4 or mode 8. It did that by looking at the flash bits. If none or very few flash bits were set it would most likely be mode 8.

Thanks to your idea, I have added this new functionality.

Now, when loading the image, it is displayed in the correct mode based on the flash bit. If there is no active flash bit, then it is a mode 8 image. If there is, it will be a mode 4 image.

If the original image had any active flash bits then it will not work correctly, but it is always possible to change the mode manually with the mode button.

Regards

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

badaman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:41 pm Thanks to your idea, I have added this new functionality.
Now, when loading the image, it is displayed in the correct mode based on the flash bit. If there is no active flash bit, then it is a mode 8 image. If there is, it will be a mode 4 image.
If the original image had any active flash bits then it will not work correctly, but it is always possible to change the mode manually with the mode button.
Regards
Excellent, Javier.
I'm glad to have been able to help with ideas for developing the utility.

Miguel angel rojo
ROM Dongle

Post by Miguel angel rojo »

Excellent Javier, what a great program, I have fun photos that I take with the Dadither tool :D

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

Miguel angel rojo wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:25 am Excellent Javier, what a great program, I have fun photos that I take with the Dadither tool :D
You are to blame for this application existing. You gave me a reason. XD

I take this opportunity to say the following: I have changed the version numbering, and it is now available, as the last version, 1.0.

I want to remind you that the index.html file is the only one needed for the application to work, and that it can be downloaded and works locally without CORS errors.