Sprite Generator Software

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Andrew
Aurora

Re: Sprite Generator Software

Post by Andrew »

fiskus wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:50 pm Hi Andrew,
Sorry, I haven't tried that so am unable to comment. The main reason is that I have been unable to get the sprite design program to run and having looked at the other thread you referred to from a few years ago, I notice that you say it won't run under Minerva and needs JS. Do you know if there's any way around this other than to swap my ROMs back?
Thanks.
The programs for creating sprites (Design and Construct) need JS ROM. I was unable to make them work on Minerva.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Andrew wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:07 pm
Sorry, I haven't tried that so am unable to comment. The main reason is that I have been unable to get the sprite design program to run and having looked at the other thread you referred to from a few years ago, I notice that you say it won't run under Minerva and needs JS. Do you know if there's any way around this other than to swap my ROMs back?
Thanks.
The programs for creating sprites (Design and Construct) need JS ROM. I was unable to make them work on Minerva.
About 5 years ago, I decompiled these two programs back into SuperBASIC when I was working on the decompilers.

I don't think I spent a lot of time on checking to see if the decompiled copies work OK, but I've just loaded them up in QPC2 and they appear to run.

If you would like them, PM me an email address. You might be able to get them working in Minerva.

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Martin_Head wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:16 pm If you would like them, PM me an email address. You might be able to get them working in Minerva.
Please send them to me, also.

fiskus
ROM Dongle

Post by fiskus »

Martin_Head wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:16 pm
Andrew wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:07 pm
Thanks.
About 5 years ago, I decompiled these two programs back into SuperBASIC when I was working on the decompilers.

I don't think I spent a lot of time on checking to see if the decompiled copies work OK, but I've just loaded them up in QPC2 and they appear to run.

If you would like them, PM me an email address. You might be able to get them working in Minerva.
That would great. PM sent. Many thanks.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Fiskus, Email sent.

Andrew, I have not received a PM from you with an email address.

It occurred to me that maybe these programs wont run in Minerva is due to a clash with the SuperCharge toolkit. You could try replacing it with the Turbo toolkit.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Andrew, Email sent.