someone recognizes this eprom conversion ?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

someone recognizes this eprom conversion ?

Post by techy »

found this inside my french ql ,

it has embedded lightning .

i would like to know what conversion system has been used to get 2 x 27c256 in place of the original roms .

AND i would like to know how to burn such adapted eproms .

in the sockets are ttl chips embedded which are connected to several pins of the eproms .
m_IMG_4256.jpg
m_IMG_4255.jpg
m_IMG_4254.jpg
m_IMG_4253.jpg
m_IMG_4252.jpg

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: someone recognizes this eprom conversion ?

Post by Chr$ »

That's a home made adapter with a 27C512 EPROM ( I think) and the chip buried underneath is probably a 74LS00 (or equivalent). It's a bit fiddly, but not that hard to make something like that. You can also change the jumpers on most boards to accept an EPROM and some even have a socket for the required 74LS00 logic chip.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Thanks for your answer !!

it is 2 x 27c256 eproms .

Is this modification described somewere ??

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I think the confusion is whether there are 2 physical modules like this or 1 - as you never show a picture with both in ;-)

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

ah , sorry , they are next to each other so occupy both original rom positions .

there are no wires outside the socket connected to the board .
m_IMG_4247.jpg