Seen on eBay

Sell your QL items here!
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: Seen on eBay

Post by Mr_Navigator »

There has been the odd occasion when a QL component has not been in the eBay Sinclair QL list but in some other obscure computer listing such as the ZX Spectrum :o, somebody might have been looking for that particular part, I found some of them by accident. Others are just interesting because of the amount, the content or by how much they are going for.

I am not sure about bidding against ourselves, who is ourselves exactly? QLer's? It is surely a free market.

Whether it is Ebay, SellMyRetro or Gumtree are you saying we should ban promoting items, QL or otherwise on here? There are three businesses that I am aware of that still have something to do with the Sinclair QL (but not exclusively), for the QL community they need to keep going.

There is a difference between bidding on an item which is an auction, and paying a fixed price. Ebay does both and SellMyRetro does both, I don't know about Gumtree I don't look at it. Whether the fixed price is over-inflated? Well that is a matter of personal opinion IMHO.

Any person wanting to make, sell or distribute QL related stuff will only be able to do so, if the market is there. If the market is there, they will sell it.

If you wanted something badly enough, you would pay for it.

There have been at-least two occasions where I have bid on items seen in eBay where I have also posted here, letting the forum know about them. Whether or not people have then bid on those items is irrelevant as I have no way of knowing if they knew about them already. I subsequently won those items due to the amount of cash I was prepared to part with. It is not a Dutch auction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction. My approach to the QL community is for more people to get involved, be aware, participate in some form.

That's my two-pennyworth. [steps off soap-box]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Sounds reasonable. Also, well explained, brilliantly argued and respectfully stated.

Well done Sir!

I have changed my view. :)

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Now here is something very interesting and worth bidding on, if more information can be found

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINCLAIR-QL-H ... 485f4a7e07

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Hush! I quite fancied this as I don't have a hard drive for any of my QL's :( I think it's a Miracle Systems one with the rom port fitting.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Just between you and me, I've requested more pictures.

It would help if others request that too :) maybe

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I asked for some more pictures for the QL Wki - it is indeed the Miracle Systems hard disk - fingers crossed it still works as they were quite temperamental - I had 3 units all used different interface boards inside and I managed to get 2 working units....

That was a few years ago now...

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Hehe that's put me off a bit! Does anyone have a hard disc interface going spare? :cry:

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

I am not sure whether I would invest a lot of money in that box (other than for nostalgia). The Miracle Harddisk use ST506 drives to my knowledge - like 15 years out of production now. If the drives goes bad - not improbable, after this long time - you won't find a replacement drive easily.

But it is really a very rare beast.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
ppe
Trump Card

Post by ppe »

It is disappointing to see so many "post only to the UK" listings. I always wondered that the motivation behind that is. If the buyer is willing to pay postage and packaging costs then why *not* ship outside the UK.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I suppose is for costs of posting and sometimes the hassle. When I sell things I usually offer to europe unless it's something quite hefty but the costs are loads more than what they used to be and buyers often complain or don't want to pay the postage.