Sparrowhawk aka Jean-Yves

Introduce yourself here!
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Sparrowhawk aka Jean-Yves

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure whether a 3rd one is due or not. It would be based on Eye of the Moon I suppose, and that has near-mythical status in the LOM world, as you probably know, as only a couple of early screenshots of characters were ever made. Not sure how much of the story Mike managed to remember and pass on to Chris Wild before he died, and as Chris works with Drew to ensure that the books follow the plots generally...

In other words I have no idea :D

I have not actually read the DDR one, only the LOM one. I quite liked it, but too many things did not fit into my vision of LOM lore which was very jarring (as you'd expect - Drew could not cover all of our visions of how the worlds are). Utarg especially, also Farflame and the use of the liths. Nice touch in the Forest of Dreams though. I got quite emotional !

How does the DDR book compare to the LOM book?

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RichardCGH
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: Sparrowhawk aka Jean-Yves

Post by RichardCGH »

Drew has spoken of a third volume but not heard anything about it for a while.

DDR in book form, He manages to move all the characters around and achieve the required end result.
As I only played it through once (IIRC) I can't say how true to the game it is, so long since I played it.

Mapping DDR was a pain because of the tunnels - trying to get the tunnel map to correspond with the above ground map.
I suspect I played it until I had completeed the map - the actual "adventure" I have no idea about.

The book gives you a better idea what is happening than the game, the game is more "realistic" as it restricts what you can see,
but the book has to explain a lot more for it to make sense as a story.