New Forum

A place to discuss general QL issues.
robheaton
Site Admin

Re: New Forum

Post by robheaton »

I've made some changes based on the feedback here.

1. Text removed from the header and logo resized, so the banner isn't as large. (Approx. 1/4 smaller)
2. Changed the text colour of posts, this is now white instead of dark grey
3. Made the red text more vivid, so it doesn't look washed out
4. Changed the background colour used in code posts, so it should be easier to read
5. Added rounded corners, makes the separation between the sections look less harsh
6. Removed the padding around the menu at the top of the screen to save space
7. Removed green colour from the banner, so the site looks less garish

The new layout will take a little getting used to, it's been over six years since we changed anything!

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Thank you, this is much more readable! :)

4E75 7000
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

The improvements are welcome - it's looking a lot better - without completely losing that 'classic qdos' look...

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Stuff the looks for the moment :lol: why does it need 64% of my computer power? Oh! its an upgrade that usually adds another few Gigs of code to waste computing power. It is irritating to me because at that processing power the noisy fan keeps rattling away now where on the old system it never turned on.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I just have found out, that my PM container is empty, all sent and received PMs are lost. :ugeek:

4E75 7000
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

robheaton wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:59 pmThe new layout will take a little getting used to, it's been over six years since we changed anything!
Much better now, thank you!

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Ruptor wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:00 am Stuff the looks for the moment :lol: why does it need 64% of my computer power? Oh! its an upgrade that usually adds another few Gigs of code to waste computing power. It is irritating to me because at that processing power the noisy fan keeps rattling away now where on the old system it never turned on.
I guess it's the animation behind the QL logo. Only does it for me while the tab is active so it's okay for me, but I understand the point.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

RalfR wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:06 am I just have found out, that my PM container is empty, all sent and received PMs are lost. :ugeek:
Mine are still all there 🤷‍♂️

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Ah, sorry, I look at the wrong folder :D

4E75 7000
Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

mk79 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:19 amI guess it's the animation behind the QL logo. Only does it for me while the tab is active so it's okay for me, but I understand the point.
Oh! I never even noticed the moving dots. Looking at them closely I think they are supposed to be constellations and it probably has software running to rotate the entire Universe behind them to determine their position given the CPU resources being used. :shock: It takes 30 seconds after clicking my Linux menu for it to come up. Snooozzzz! A waste of resources for an unnoticed feature for sure. It would make more sense to make one calculation and represent the stars for the operator location.
When you change pages the forum comes up white with black text during which the CPU usage disappears then it gets redrawn and the CPUs kick off.