New QL-SD driver.

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
prime
Trump Card

New QL-SD driver.

Post by prime »

Hi all,

Can someone confirm this is correct.
The New QL-SD driver uses .WIN files that are the same format as QPC uses, and that they must be named QXL.WIN and be the only file on a fromatted FAT32 SDHC card?

I mostly have the drivers for the QLFloppySD hardware working, with some tweaks to the hardware. However it doesn't seem to be behaving completely as I would expect....
Init screenshot.
Init screenshot.
If I power on the machine everything seems to initialize, I get the startup messages (see screenshot), and the access LED flashes at init time. Once I select F1/F2, I'm dropped into
Superbasic.

Attempting to access win1_ leads to a "bad or chanced medium". However if I do a "win_check 1" I can then access WIN1_ and load / save files to it.

I suspect there's something slightly not right about my init code, however do the above assumptions as to file & card format seem correct?

Incase anyone wondered what the hardware looks like :
Hardware picture
Hardware picture
Cheers.

Phill.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: New QL-SD driver.

Post by mk79 »

prime wrote:The New QL-SD driver uses .WIN files that are the same format as QPC uses, and that they must be named QXL.WIN and be the only file on a fromatted FAT32 SDHC card?
There can be a few QXL.WIN files on the driver, but they must be in the first x directory entries (with x being 8 or 16 or whatever). The first one must be named QXL.WIN by default, but by using WIN_DRIVE other names can also be used. This is all described in the manual.

This is not your problem here, but until the official sources are available, the diff to 1.10 is simply adding back in the line "move.w d2,d1" at label iorh_done in io_asm. Can't harm to include it now.

Code: Select all

;;;iorh_done
        move.w  d2,d1
        moveq   #0,d0
        rts
Attempting to access win1_ leads to a "bad or chanced medium". However if I do a "win_check 1" I can then access WIN1_ and load / save files to it.
Never had that problem, sorry.

All the best, Marcel