Broadband switchover

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Broadband switchover

Post by dilwyn »

If ever there is a problem with a printer here (there's 3 here altogether for different purposes), 9 times out of 10 it's the HP printer. When it works, it's a great printer/scanner. Its cartridges are by far and away the most expensive and troublesome.

To be fair, each printer has its good and bad points.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote:
NormanDunbar wrote:Fair play to OpenReach for admitting a mistake. That doesn't happen often as it's usually a "computer error".
Hope it all works.
Cheers,
Norm.
Yes, thanks Norman, seems to be going well so far. Can't forget the new password now - had to retype it into so many devices! Should have taken my son's suggestion of changing the SSID and password perhaps, but since they're printed on the router (not to mention my own tech ham-fistedness) maybe it was best not to. My HP wireless printer won't connect via the WPS button so I'll have to go back to basics and connect a lead to the PC to set up a new wifi connection via there.
Come now, we know you love typing that gogogoch word so much :-D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

:D :D :D

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

NormanDunbar wrote:It's my printer and I'll decide how I use it and what inks I'll use, not HP.
Things are getting ridiculous now. On one hand we are asked to be more green and make things last then on the other hand the manufacturers take away our rights to do it so they can make more money. Software upgrades are really dodgy because they can toast your unit without you knowing when it is out of warranty and there is nothing you can do about it. Mum's 55" TV went toast after an upgrade when it was 2 years old. I can see them getting sneaky and putting a bomb in the upgraded software so it goes wrong a few months after the upgrade to avoid the connection.

On topic :) I have shell broadband and they are putting up the price by £2 but upgrading it to 38 MHz from 11 MHz so it ends up being £21 a month that seems cheap compared to uSwitch comparison site. :D Happy New Year!.

xpdualcore
ROM Dongle

Post by xpdualcore »

Vodafone fibre here.. fairly consistent 80Mbps for £23