puzzled cst qdisk interface

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

puzzled cst qdisk interface

Post by techy »

Is a cst qdisk interface indicating its presence at start up in the upperlines of the screen ??

does anyone have the possibility to sent me a screenprint .

since my interface is NOT displaying anything , defective or ........

i verified with a rom module , and that one displays in the top line .

it is a cst qdisk ver 4 1986 with 1.19 and 1.16 firmware ( as i suspected 1.19 )

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
BSJR
Trump Card

Re: puzzled cst qdisk interface

Post by BSJR »

techy wrote:Is a cst qdisk interface indicating its presence at start up in the upperlines of the screen ??
does anyone have the possibility to sent me a screenprint .
since my interface is NOT displaying anything , defective or ........
i verified with a rom module , and that one displays in the top line .
it is a cst qdisk ver 4 1986 with 1.19 and 1.16 firmware ( as i suspected 1.19 )
I think there should be a message at the top.
Tested on a BBQL with only the interface added, it says: "CST QDisc Controller v 1.13 © 1984"

BSJR

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

If it doesn't show - the interface may not be properly pushed into the QL edge connector, but before you check that, look to see if you have bent any pins in the edge connector!!

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Thanks for all replies ,

something is wrong for sure .

first to start with is ;

anyone got 1.19 version firmware as .bin file ??

i verified my rom and that one is gone ............

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

tested the board with 1.16 fresh eprom , verified !!

and no welcoming line on 2 ql's

so the eprom is not communicating with the bus , so out with the multimeter to verify..................

anyone got the schematic ??

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

As your original EPROM is dead, Is there any chance that the 5 volt regulator may have been bypassed at some time. And then 9 volts got plugged in and blew things up?

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Martin_Head wrote:As your original EPROM is dead, Is there any chance that the 5 volt regulator may have been bypassed at some time. And then 9 volts got plugged in and blew things up?
7805 looks okay , steady 5v output even after an hour .

eprom 1.16 is tested and okay ( works ok in an eprom board ) .

So my assumption is the eprom is not "attached " to the bus .

so any insight in the circuitry might be handy.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

There's a pretty nice description in the QL Technical guide on how expansion cards need to handle requests (Chapter 11.3, "Adding peripheral cards"). That involves address decoding logic and a fast switching transistor - This is the circuitry you should look into.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

tofro ,

more reading to do , thanks !!