uQLx 2018a

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
XorA
Site Admin

Re: uQLx 2018a

Post by XorA »

As I suspected with Tyche its crashing when it tries to patch the ROM, uQlx ROM patching is as you can see fairly delicate!

Code: Select all

static void PatchKeyTrans(void)                                                 
 {                                                                               
   KEYTRANS_CMD_ADDR=RL((Ptr)theROM+0xbff2);                                     
   KEYTRANS_OCODE=RW((uw16*)((Ptr)theROM+KEYTRANS_CMD_ADDR));                    
   WW(((uw16*)((Ptr)theROM+KEYTRANS_CMD_ADDR)),KEYTRANS_CMD_CODE);               
}                                                                               

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

XorA wrote:As I suspected with Tyche its crashing when it tries to patch the ROM, uQlx ROM patching is as you can see fairly delicate!
You might suspect but I don't have a clue. :lol: That code means nothing to me. :? Minerva is the only one that runs properly. It has the same size boxes in the top left of a full window but the others open in a window the exact size of the red and white boxes in the bottom left of the screen and the left hand box has a black column that covers 0.75 of the left hand box. I am probably running it wrong because back in December I was told how to run uqlx on this thread but forgot all about it.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3070
When I go back to the Distribution and do that the JS ROM comes up with all the complicated text not just the simple QL screen like the Minerva ROM. The way I tried to run it now I noticed on the console it complains about WIN1 and 2 and 3 etc files not found but don't know what all that is about since the Minerva comes up and runs. Is it me or is it complicated to run these emulators. Why can't I just take a set of one files, put it anywhere and run it?

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

If your using uQlx make sure you only use the 32bit version.

I discovered a bug that bites the 64bit systems much more often than the 32bit systems.

https://github.com/SinclairQL/sQLux/com ... ac0b064842

Bonus points to the person who feels like backporting that to uQlx!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have still no luck with Tyche on sqlux, the emulator gives a segmentation error on start up, where other roms all work very nicely.

Where things get a little confusing, is the Tyche works in Qemulator with Ram Limits of 128K, 384K, 640K, 6M

All other remaining Ram settings in the Qemulator Ram section do not work with Tyche.

Has anyone diassembled Tyche ?

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have still no luck with Tyche on sqlux, the emulator gives a segmentation error on start up, where other roms all work very nicely.
It wont work unless someone re-codes it to be like QDOS.

uQlx replaces large chunks of the ROM in fixed locations with its own internal logic. If those locations don't exist it just won't work. And there is very little error checking which is why it crashes.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

That is okay, Minerva is good for me.

Regards,

Derek