VDrive ZX or QL?

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: VDrive ZX or QL?

Post by Chr$ »

Ruptor wrote:Thanks for the info. At the moment I have two working MDVs in a dead QL & a Spectrum 48K with no easy method of saving files that it badly needs. If I fix the QL an MDV will get removed anyway for an SD card slot so it would be an ideal swap out. Anyway I thought everybody here was in to tinkering and I am joining in. :lol:
I can flog you a working ZX MD unit! e.g. I have one that works fine in every way, until you fit the top housing, then it fails to be recognised. It must be something pressing down where it shouldn't, I didn't look further. You have the IF2 already?

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Chr$ wrote:You have the IF2 already?
Oh what a dipstick when I read an MDV can be plugged in to the Spectrum interface 1 I assumed it was on the board as an edge connector like of the QL so that idea is out the window. :roll: You could sell it on EBay for £30 if you don't want it. :)

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Ruptor wrote:
Chr$ wrote:You have the IF2 already?
Oh what a dipstick when I read an MDV can be plugged in to the Spectrum interface 1 I assumed it was on the board as an edge connector like of the QL so that idea is out the window. :roll: You could sell it on EBay for £30 if you don't want it. :)
I did wonder about that! Yes, you'll definitely need an IF1 - they tend to be more expensive (I've sold a couple fully working for around £60 each).

Back to the drawing board then. If you want to save Spectrum stuff you may as well get an SD card device like a DivMMC.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.