Josiah Oobadiah

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Josiah Oobadiah

Post by RWAP »

I have received approval from Mark Incley to make an Arcanoid like game available on the Sinclair QL Homepage.

The game is entitled Josiah Oobadiah and is available as a microdrive image (for use with QLAY) from his website: http://www.inkland.org.uk/spectrum/index.htm

Mark wrote the game as a means of learning 68000 machine code whilst writing Oink for the ZX Spectrum. He thinks that he got as far as sending it to Eidersoft for consideration, but never heard back, so it was never published.

Unfortunately, I can't get this to work in q-emulator at the moment - can anyone else convert it to work ?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Josiah Oobadiah

Post by RWAP »

Daniele Terdina has had a look at this software, and he has confirmed that the reason the game will not run on q-emulator is that it checks the name of the microdrive cartridge.

This functionality is missing in the current q-emulator (although Daniele had left a comment in his code to add it at some stage).

He has written the code and this will be included in the next version of q-emulator.

Daniele says that once q-emulator is patched to overcome this issue, the game plays well, although the bat at the bottom of the screen moves too quickly - actually this is something the author referred to, so with some encouragement he has said he will dig out his QL and have a look at making it more playable! :D

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The latest q-emulator for Windows (v3.1.3) now works with this program - it is a great program and such a shame that Eidersoft did not release it.

It is a type of Breakout program where you have to remove the blocks from each screen by batting a ball at them.

However, there are special blocks, some of which will drop extra lives, or a temporary barrier to stop the ball going off screen and other useful items.

Against that are various sprites roaming about the screen, which, if they hit your bat, will temporarily disable your bat !

:D

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

thorsinclair
Trump Card

Post by thorsinclair »

Are there any screenshots of the gameplay?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

You should have posted that on this thread really.

My guess is the game will only run in 128K

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

you got a right about the posting rich .... but i see the thread late at nigth by searching the forum....
yesterday i see something else...... i press all the keys on the ql butt nothing on 3rd screen black
so o press ctrl+space ..... nothing(so i start press keys randomly ) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
at f5 first space sec.....f5 space change the raster o the vertical bar on black screen (it have very tiny mlack bars.....) in 3 time of f5 first space sec....... i se the instructions so i read alll(hehehe it isto many pages i can put somemuch pics) then on end (or esc)black sreen again f5 (1) and space i got the screen again so i press the s(start game)black screen ....(the game works i hear sound an music ) ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
....so it runs bu i can se a thing... hehehhehhe

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

1st level
P1040397.JPG