Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:21 am

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 18

SinclairSociety
Trump Card

Re: Poll: Do you use a Mouse on your QL ?

Post by SinclairSociety »

One of the reasons I ask is I enjoy DTP.

Having been raised on Atari I enjoyed two decent DTP apps... Calamus and Pagestream. I ended up going Pagestream.

Can't imagine being very productive w/o a mouse in a DTP app and I see there were some DTP apps fro QL.

Surprised mouse worth and use did not become more widely used as QL aged.

Maybe that is one of the reasons they never sold more than that 150K # I see going around.

There is a purpose and a season for mice on computers in my opinion. Not all the time but for me most the time.

TJ

Sinclair Computers are AWESOME!!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Poll: Do you use a Mouse on your QL ?

Post by Dave »

I'm the same way, using Impression Publisher on the Risc PC. I helped set up the system used by Land Rover magazine in the 90s, and a couple of smaller private and company mags. It was that and video that made me a long time mac user when Acorn packed up shop.

It's just that the windows system(s) on the QL are REALLY awful. It's not that they're particularly bad, but they are very non-obvious and the instruction manuals are a dereliction of duty. If anything, reading the manuals make it harder to understand them.

If I had someone sat with me to introduce me to the system, I would have been able to interact with it and ask questions. I never did, and it was so frustrating. I think my distaste is boiled in now, so it might be too late for me to learn now I'm an old fart ;)