QL World magazine scans

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QL World magazine scans

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks to the hard work of Klaus Frank in Denmark, I've been able to add further scanned copies of QL World magazine to the Magazines Page on the QL Home Page.

This means we now have a pretty complete collection of the PDFs up to the end of 1991.

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/mags/index.html

Cristian
Aurora

Re: QL World magazine scans

Post by Cristian »

Thanks to Klaus for his great efforts. The scan quality is very good.

By the way, may I suggest to everyone a tip for best scanning results? To get rid of shadow/ghost text effect, always put a black cardboard behind the page you're about to scan.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Klaus Frank, should be commended for the hard work in scanning the magazines.

The best way to remove ghost image of the other side of the scanned page, is to adjust the scanner Gammer and Brightness / Contrast settings.

I used to manage an Archive Department, where I intoroduced scanning of varying types of documentation.

The QL World PDF scans, can modified to remove the ghost images, a good graphics programme will allow the import of the PDF file and allow editing of each page to remove any imprefections.

I could do this if required.

Regards,

Derek
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Derek_Stewart wrote: The best way to remove ghost image of the other side of the scanned page, is to adjust the scanner Gammer and Brightness / Contrast settings.
Yes, also this is surely a good way to fix the problem. Personally, I prefer to avoid the issue at root with a simple, "banal" black cardboard (but it's only a preference of mine).
Derek_Stewart wrote: I could do this if required.
In my very humble opinion, it's not strictly required, since Klaus' scans look very good. But if you have some spare time, I'm sure your efforts will be surely appreciated.

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

[quote="Derek_Stewart"
The best way to remove ghost image of the other side of the scanned page, is to adjust the scanner Gammer and Brightness / Contrast settings.
[/quote]

Edit: Christian had already written that.

Nope! Simply put a fully black paper (or even better card) on the back side of the sheet.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Klaus Frank in Denmark has sent me a disk with further scans of QL World magazines.

All of the 1992 and 1993 issues, plus the final five issues from 1994, when the magazine ceased publication.

Klaus has also scanned the QL New User Guide, a 138 page document which originally appeared as a supplement from March 1991 right up to the final issue. Note that this is about 100MB in size!

Download them from http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/mags/index.html

Many thanks to Klaus for all his hard work.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Excellent work! :)