ql superbomber and m-crunch ..and more things

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Re: ql superbomber and m-crunch ..and more things

Post by nikosdoykas »

nice.... i believe will be a nice conversation about j oo iN real hardware somEthing stops the video....... sounds its ok and speed... if i copy the files in the win1_ and win_use mdv then lrun mdv1_boot.... the QL (minerva and the jm) restarts ..
MAYBE NEED A DUALL SCREEN?? F3 OR F4???

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

If you use Minerva Second Screen enabled, the System Variables move and if the game is not using the correct system trap to find the system variables, it will fail.

I will try the game on my QL + Tetroid setup.

The game has other files that have Space charcters as the file names, probably an attempt st copy protection.

I disassembled the main game file, which loads the hidden files into memory.

I am so pleased that the Q68 runs this game better than any modern system, I am tempted to resusurrect the Q68 Mega Games SD Card.

Regards,

Derek
thorsinclair
Trump Card

Post by thorsinclair »

I am tempted to resusurrect the Q68 Mega Games SD Card
Please do!

It would be anyhow very cool to have several set ups available for download, one with QL/E another one with black phoenix, a basic one with Cue Shell and Psion x-change and a leisure oriented one with Games, 3D animations and more. All ready to go, download, SD card, run on Q68, go!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I am so pleased that the Q68 runs this game better than any modern system, I am tempted to resusurrect the Q68 Mega Games SD Card.
Please do!! :shock:

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

nikosdoykas wrote: if i copy the files in the win1_ and win_use mdv then lrun mdv1_boot.... the QL (minerva and the jm) restarts ..
The win1_ medium name would need to be 'J Oobadiah' If I remember correctly, If the medium name is wrong, it resets the system.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

To use the MDV file with MDI needs to be converted using the MDICONVERT2_BAS programme supplied with MDI v1.07.
There are machine code conversion commands built into the driver, so you don't need the MDICONVERT2_BAS program.
The only hard bit of the process is recognising the different MDV image formats, could MDI be updated to use any MDV image format.

This would make a possible easy way to interchange files without worrying about file headers.
It's something I have thought about. But it adds a layer of complication in finding the correct position of a sector in the image file. Especially as I think that the latest qemulator mdump2 files can have the sectors in mixed order.

As I said earlier, I am trying to write a stand alone utility that will do conversions for you easily. Something like CONVERT2_QEMU file1 TO file2

Where the command will look at file1 and determine if its an mdi, or a qlay file automatically, and convert it to a qemulator one.

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

Martin_Head wrote:
nikosdoykas wrote: if i copy the files in the win1_ and win_use mdv then lrun mdv1_boot.... the QL (minerva and the jm) restarts ..
The win1_ medium name would need to be 'J Oobadiah' If I remember correctly, If the medium name is wrong, it resets the system.

so it must be win1_j Oobiadiah_ the folder?

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

so if is in _ file then....ok i make a dissasembly ....
1.zip
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
its an rtf... i dont know if its ok...

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

thorsinclair wrote:It would be anyhow very cool to have several set ups available for download, one with QL/E another one with black phoenix, a basic one with Cue Shell and Psion x-change and a leisure oriented one with Games, 3D animations and more. All ready to go, download, SD card, run on Q68, go!
The QL-SD demo disc also evolved into a small distribution including a few games, all patched to directly run from SD card. For (Super)GoldCard even the SLUG command is issued automatically if the games are speed dependent, it should be trivial to adapt this for Q68.

Marcel

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

mk79 wrote:
thorsinclair wrote:It would be anyhow very cool to have several set ups available for download, one with QL/E another one with black phoenix, a basic one with Cue Shell and Psion x-change and a leisure oriented one with Games, 3D animations and more. All ready to go, download, SD card, run on Q68, go!
The QL-SD demo disc also evolved into a small distribution including a few games, all patched to directly run from SD card. For (Super)GoldCard even the SLUG command is issued automatically if the games are speed dependent, it should be trivial to adapt this for Q68.

Marcel
Hi,

I have downloaded the QLSD files, will look at them.

I have created amother message thread for this topic.

Regards,

Derek