Q68 support thread

The Thor, Aurora, Q40, Q60 & Q68 etc. are discussed here.
robheaton
Site Admin

Re: Q68 support thread

Post by robheaton »

Derek_Stewart wrote:With the release of Blavk Phoenix v1.5, I have added Black Phoenix to the Q68 SD Card distribution.

I can produce Black Phoenix and SMSQ/E on an SD Card. Is this something that anyone would like?
Let me know if you want to make this available online, we can always host the downloads on the forum server.

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
thorsinclair
Trump Card

Post by thorsinclair »

I can produce Black Phoenix and SMSQ/E on an SD Card. Is this something that anyone would like?
Yes! Would be great, thanks!

Whopper
Over Heated PSU

Post by Whopper »

Derek_Stewart wrote:With the release of Blavk Phoenix v1.5, I have added Black Phoenix to the Q68 SD Card distribution.
Derek,

Yes I would like to have an SD card with these systems on it.

Would you consider puting the SD card image online so we can burn a copy ourselves?

Thanks anyway,

Whopper

You woke me for THAT!!!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Sorry to revive this thread (although it won't do any harm, anything Q68 related at the top of the list is surely good) and it's not even a support request, quite the opposite in fact!

I've just QNETworked my Q68 and BBQL!

I made a lead for it with a socket stolen from a ZX81 - important to have the type that connects the centre pin to GND when there is no plug connected . It's really messy and just to be sure it was well insulated I went OTT with the hot glue at both ends of the connection, but it works!

And easypeasy, simply LRESPR'd the QLNET driver (thanks Martyn). NET1, NET2, FSERVE and away we go.

QXLII, paaah, who needs that big ole noisy lump with its fans and footprint.

So now I can properly explore all the things on the Q68, see if I can understand certain things a bit better and all the while still have old school FLP and MDV access for the odd original and because I still need to prepare (NOS) mdv carts that I sell every so often.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Chr$,

Well done on making the Q68 QLNET adapter.

While the Q68 does not have Microdrive or Floppy Disk access, FLP/MDV images can be used with ìnstallation of MDI or FDI.

I converted all my old Digitial Precison software collection to FLP image, FDI makes the software able to run on the Q68.

What sort of things do you want to see?

I stil have to upload Black Phoenix in a Q68 SD Card image. I have to make some changes to make it run better.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Chr$,

Well done on making the Q68 QLNET adapter.

While the Q68 does not have Microdrive or Floppy Disk access, FLP/MDV images can be used with ìnstallation of MDI or FDI.

I converted all my old Digitial Precison software collection to FLP image, FDI makes the software able to run on the Q68.
Thanks. Is there a step by step idiots guide to getting the Q68 to play with mdv (and flp) images? I have mdv images. Not looked into MDI/FDI yet.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Chr$ wrote:Chr$ >still have old school FLP and
CHR$ >MDV
^^^^^^^^^^
CHR$ >access
Is it really possible to connect a MDV drive to Q68?

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

ql_freak wrote:Is it really possible to connect a MDV drive to Q68?
Not directly, but yes if you have it QLNET'ed with a BBQL (and Fserve), then you can access it's floppy/mdv with e.g. n1_mdv1_

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

And if you have Martin's MDI driver loaded you can mount image dumps of microdrives.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

tofro wrote:And if you have Martin's MDI driver loaded you can mount image dumps of microdrives.
Will look into that today.