Black Phoenix 1.5 - Preview

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Black Phoenix 1.5 - Preview

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

A simple preview of Black Phoenix 1.5
http://www.hunggartorino.it/ql/black-ph ... meeting-2/

Giorgio

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: Black Phoenix 1.5 - Preview

Post by Tesla »

Downloaded yesterday.

Great job Giorgio, as usual.

Cheer

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Runs great on the Q68...

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I wanted to try BP15, put it into the recent QPC2, but it refuses to start properly. The window gets black, an error beep(?) comes, a few Buttons on top and a half created QDT button (just one). The pointer then is a padlock.

When I open the System button, there is "at Line xxx:1" not found. And there is no longer a WIN device. Dir WIN1_ gives not found.

What could it be? I have tried several screen sizes with QPC2, but no luck. Anything to configure first?

4E75 7000
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Ralf R. wrote:I wanted to try BP15, put it into the recent QPC2, but it refuses to start properly. The window gets black, an error beep(?) comes, a few Buttons on top and a half created QDT button (just one). The pointer then is a padlock.

When I open the System button, there is "at Line xxx:1" not found. And there is no longer a WIN device. Dir WIN1_ gives not found.

What could it be? I have tried several screen sizes with QPC2, but no luck. Anything to configure first?
I sent you an email...

Giorgio

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I downloaded a fresh copy of Black Phoenix v1.5, configured QPC2 to run full screen at 1920x1080 on a Fujitsu Celsius H700 Corei7 Laptop, all worked perfectly.

I tried Black Phoenix on SMSQmulator, the Bird animation did not display, but the system booted up to the desktop. There was an error on QBTnet.

Q68 worked perfectly except a little slower in the high colour mode. 512x384 Mode 33 is preferred for speed.

Note The Q68 is only a single core 40Mhz 68000 and QPC2 is running on a Quad Core i7 processor running 2.8Ghz on each core. Not a fair comparison.

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Problem solved, the safety settings on the extracted file for the user was wrong. Write was disabled. Now it works. Thanks to Marcel für the hint.

The QBTnet error was the same here.

I have spent quite a long time to find out, which gives the best screen size with QPC2 for me. It is 768 x 512 on my 19" monitor (4:3). 1024x768 is nice, but far to small to work properly with it. And if I make this for the whole screen, the pixels are interpolated, though not very clean.

4E75 7000
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Ralf R. wrote:Problem solved, the safety settings on the extracted file for the user was wrong. Write was disabled. Now it works. Thanks to Marcel für the hint.

The QBTnet error was the same here.

I have spent quite a long time to find out, which gives the best screen size with QPC2 for me. It is 768 x 512 on my 19" monitor (4:3). 1024x768 is nice, but far to small to work properly with it. And if I make this for the whole screen, the pixels are interpolated, though not very clean.
I have made several experiments on the resolutions presented by QPC2, I found that I can also use resolutions not presented in the menu. some results are great, others suck :-) for example on my PC 1920x1080 I use a resolution that does not "exist" 960x540 ... but has a very good result

Giorgio

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

On my PC (1280x1024) 960x540 is not good, still interpolated. I can set my size (in Windows) to 1024x768 (a QPC2 default), so should try, if that gave better results.

4E75 7000