Status of QMON

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Re: Status of QMON

Post by RalfR »

Great work, I can supply better scans of the packages.

4E75 7000
olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

Ralf R. wrote:Great work, I can supply better scans of the packages.
great - let's move package recreation to a separate thread then (under General)

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

olifink wrote:I still want to clean up a bit further (superfluous spaces, in paragraph highlights), so if you want make changes to the doc right now please do it online here https://1drv.ms/w/s!AgxrZW7zjbUwjtAtYpAa360ez10hXw
Wow, Oli, thank you soooo much. If I didn't already know that you're German I would know now, this is a level of pedantry, erm, I mean professionalism I can totally identify with :-) I'm almost OCD when it comes to formatting of source code and other documents, so this helps me a lot ;) I still need some time to clean up my act, but this was an important step.

Cheers, Marcel

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I have now released the existing QJump QMON/JMON versions: https://www.kilgus.net/2018/12/14/qmon/. My updates to the tools and manual come at some later point in time.

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

mk79 wrote:I have now released the existing QJump QMON/JMON versions: https://www.kilgus.net/2018/12/14/qmon/.
That's great - thanks Marcel!!

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Very nice :) However, I already have a JMON version 2.14 (15922 b), and lo and behold! a version V2.15 (16004 b) too! Wots wot?

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

mk79 wrote:I have now released the existing QJump QMON/JMON versions
Thank you. Herr Kilgus!

I'm still a fledgling with QMON - but that newer breakpoint option to auto enter the debugger and skip the two flag-words will come in very handy for some debugging underway of an updated NET driver for the ??? (shhh - not quite ready yet!)

M.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

pjw wrote:Very nice :) However, I already have a JMON version 2.14 (15922 b), and lo and behold! a version V2.15 (16004 b) too! Wots wot?
I just took the ones distributed last by Jochen. My own versions are based on the source of QMON 2.13/JMON 2.16, but there is no version history, so no idea what has changed. I've added those assembled by me, I think they should be pretty much the QJump versions but with some use of the system palette in JMON as I used a newer keys_colour file.

I also have the source for SMON, a fully interactive PE menu based debugger meant to be the successor to QMON for SMSQ/E. Unfortunately it's very complex code and so far from being finished that I don't think anybody could realistically do anything about it. But it sure does look nice: Image

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Whoo Hoo! SMON!

Many years ago I heard a rumour, possibly via Dilwyn - but don't quote me on that, that a new PE version of QMON was coming out at some point. Sadly, it never appears. I suspect this might have been it. Do you know who the original author was/is?

I'd love to get my hands on it at some point, but I'll be patient and wait!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:Whoo Hoo! SMON!

Many years ago I heard a rumour, possibly via Dilwyn - but don't quote me on that, that a new PE version of QMON was coming out at some point.
Not guilty Norm. Never heard of this before. Thanks for the eComic BTW.