QL Tinkering

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QL Tinkering

Post by tofro »

Interesting idea, Per!

Very unfortunately, however, this will not compile using Turbo - This doesn't allow expressions in DATA statements.
A shame there isn't anything like a LABEL statement in S*BASIC.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

Andrew wrote:OK - here are my results.
I used the QL + Tetroid's GoldCard and QEmulator set to QL speed and then to GoldCard speed
Gold Card speed in Q-emuLator is approximate and was based on a couple of known benchmark results.

I should still have a benchmark I wrote years ago to collect cycle-accurate instruction timings. If you'd like to run it on the Gold Card QL, the data might help me improve the accuracy of the GoldCard speed option.

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

M68008 wrote: Gold Card speed in Q-emuLator is approximate and was based on a couple of known benchmark results.

I should still have a benchmark I wrote years ago to collect cycle-accurate instruction timings. If you'd like to run it on the Gold Card QL, the data might help me improve the accuracy of the GoldCard speed option.
Send me the benchmark and I will run it.
If someone has an original GoldCard it would be interesting to compare the results.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

tofro wrote:Interesting idea, Per!
Yes. It just came to me in a flash as I was having a lie-down this afternoon. :)
Very unfortunately, however, this will not compile using Turbo - This doesn't allow expressions in DATA statements.
Theres always a trade-off ->sigh<-
A shame there isn't anything like a LABEL statement in S*BASIC.

Tobias
One can (partially) fake it: Write a simple "pre-compiler" to translate any labels into line numbers. (In fact, Timothy Swenson has already done that (and much more) with his Structured SuperBASIC (ssb). Check it out!) Wont work with Turbo's line number-less option, I suppose, but it is only an option, so it could be made to work if one so wished.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

M68008 wrote:
Andrew wrote:OK - here are my results.
I used the QL + Tetroid's GoldCard and QEmulator set to QL speed and then to GoldCard speed
Gold Card speed in Q-emuLator is approximate and was based on a couple of known benchmark results.

I can't recall now - I seem to think I ran the benchmarking code, but it might have been on a Super Gold Card.....

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi to All,

Ho! Ho! Seasonal Greetings Merry Christmas and Hopefully a Happy New Year to you all.

Well I’ve managed to do some more tinkering this time exploring the QL Sounds BEEP command.
See the attached downloads.

While you’re sipping you coffee over the hols this might be of interest to some so give it a perusal.
If not a look back over the other Progs available for download under this topic!

Enjoy your seasonal Break.

QBITS :geek:
Attachments
QBITS Exploring QL Sounds.pdf
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
QBSoundsv3QPC2.zip
(18.28 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
QLSoundsveQPC2.jpg
Last edited by qbits on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Awesome! :D

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

vanpeebles wrote:Awesome! :D
Indeed it is. I really appreciate how polished and clear your user interfaces look. Very, very professional.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Qbits, you're our Santa! :D

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

tofro wrote:
vanpeebles wrote:Awesome! :D
Indeed it is. I really appreciate how polished and clear your user interfaces look. Very, very professional.

Tobias
I agree, if you bought those back in the day, you would be very pleased. They have a distinct QL look as well :) Amazing quality.