Announcement - new QL Interface

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Announcement - new QL Interface

Post by vanpeebles »

Looks amazing!! Great work! 8-)

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Your piece of hardware is very very nice! I'll expect the final release when you will sell it to buy asap

Inviato dal mio P9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Only original hardware! :)
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Great work, tetroid. I look forward to these becoming available for sale.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

OK - it's been a bit of a learning curve but I have updated the Altera chip with the new IO code. I ended up downloading v13.0 SP1 of the programming software as I was having problems with v9.1 on my 64 bit machine.

Lessons learnt:
a) Windows 10 does not install a driver for the USB Blaster automatically. You have to find the driver in the C:\Altera folder created by the programming software
b) It went against the grain to update a chip whilst the interface was plugged into a powered QL.... But it is essential. Use the QLMIO.pof file for this.
c) The EPROM image needs to be updated on the EEPROM (the chip marked WINBOND W27C512-45Z) - hopefully Derek can re-program that for me, as I don't have an EPROM programmer.

For simplicity and faster downloading of the programmer, the v9.1 code can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtl95b961s0b6 ... r.exe?dl=0

The v13.0 SP1 code is at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e19novlz5afq8 ... 2.exe?dl=0

tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Post by tetroid »

Rich, thank you very much for your info and links.

I can offer regular versions of interface today, but Alain plan to check his driver on new board.
He hasn't received the new interface yet.

I still have my QL items still available, anyone interested, please contact me at tetroid@inbox.ru
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Can this interface be used together with a Gold Card (Super Gold Card) with a suitable expansion port expander. I'm using my Gold Card with a expansion port doubler together with Dirk Steinkopfs harddisk interface in a kind of PC-housing, works very well.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

ql_freak wrote:Can this interface be used together with a Gold Card (Super Gold Card) with a suitable expansion port expander. I'm using my Gold Card with a expansion port doubler together with Dirk Steinkopfs harddisk interface in a kind of PC-housing, works very well.
I don't see how - or why - you just need a standard QubIDE to work with the Gold Card to provide the same facilities...

You would have to disable the extra RAM, Toolkit II, floppy disk interface for this to work with a Gold Card.

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

You are right, but afaik QubIDQE is no more available, while this board hopefully will be soon. And afaik the QubIDQE does not have a CF card slot.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Post by tetroid »

ql_freak wrote:Can this interface be used together with a Gold Card (Super Gold Card) with a suitable expansion port expander. I'm using my Gold Card with a expansion port doubler together with Dirk Steinkopfs harddisk interface in a kind of PC-housing, works very well.
I do not have GC or Super GC and I can not check at this time.
But I think you can disable RAM expansion and Floppy disk interface ( jumpers J1 and J2 ), and you will have QUBIDE interface with CF card only.

I still have my QL items still available, anyone interested, please contact me at tetroid@inbox.ru