Website

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Website

Post by dilwyn »

I'm told my website is offline although some directories are directly accessible. I'm posting this from mobile phone as PC seems to have been damaged by a power cut in Storm Doris, along with my roof, so site probably won't be back up properly for some time.

XorA
Site Admin

Re: Website

Post by XorA »

Your top level index.html has gone missing, everything else seems fine.

Just sold my spare laptop though! :-(

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Ta. Will take a look when i get home later if power back on by then.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Back online now thanks to help from Rich Mellor, much appreciated.
Must get round to moving somewhere where the electricity doesn't go off every time there's a little puff of wind :(

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Or you could consider getting a good wind turbine

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Cristian wrote:Or you could consider getting a good wind turbine
Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote:
Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D
We better start a gofundme for Stainless Steel Dilwyn!

But actually little known fact about wind turbines is they don't work in strong winds. And tend to suffer catastrphic failure when people try and use them in such.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

XorA wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
We better start a gofundme for Stainless Steel Dilwyn!

But actually little known fact about wind turbines is they don't work in strong winds. And tend to suffer catastrphic failure when people try and use them in such.
Stainless Steel Dilwyn? SSD?? Ah, got it, XorA is offering to buy me a big SSD for my PC, thanks XorA :twisted:

Seriously though, thanks for all the emails of sympathy and advice, been a bit of a struggle last couple of days getting back up and running. Windoze repaired. Hardware seems OK, apart from a backup USB drive which insists on going to sleep all the time and Windows can't seem to wake it up when it's sleeping (it disappers from the list of drives when asleep) - any ideas anyone? Looked up on the interweb, seems an awfully common problem with no real solution. Bit embarrassing as that's my backup drive.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

dilwyn wrote:
Seriously though, thanks for all the emails of sympathy and advice, been a bit of a struggle last couple of days getting back up and running. Windoze repaired. Hardware seems OK, apart from a backup USB drive which insists on going to sleep all the time and Windows can't seem to wake it up when it's sleeping (it disappers from the list of drives when asleep) - any ideas anyone? Looked up on the interweb, seems an awfully common problem with no real solution. Bit embarrassing as that's my backup drive.
I had this issue too - it was the cheap USB caddy I was using - the power supply was just not reliable. Ended up switching to a more expensive SATA connected caddy which has been fine ever since (apart from the SATA cable sometimes falls out the back of my PC - there is no spring mechanism or anything on them to give a good grip!

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

dilwyn wrote:Too wet and windy here Cristian, it'd rust and burn out (or is that what happened to me?) :D
Tell us the truth: you're a C5 user :mrgreen: