Contact for Computer One FORTH

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Contact for Computer One FORTH

Post by Sparrowhawk »

georgeo wrote:C1 went into receivership and I've not managed to track down what happened to their assets after that, nor contact information for the C1 director, Paul Ives.
I managed to contact him many years ago to get permission to put C1 Pascal on my site for download. I'm afraid that I no longer have his contact details but I think I went via company house or something like that and found his name.

I mentioned it to Rich Mellor at the time, so it's just possible that I passed on his details then - Rich, if you have your emails from > 10 years ago, it was probably one from my PricewaterhouseCoopers email - probably 'pwc' in the email address I should think. or maybe my talk21, lineone, uklinux, lycos, jubii address...!!! (ah, the joy of trying out each and every email service only to see it go belly up)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
georgeo
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by georgeo »

Hi Sparrowhawk,

Thanks for posting and thanks for the information. I had considered something such as Companies House, though am about naïve as to how to go about it. I'll maybe investigate further, if Rich can't find the email.

Speak to you soon,
George.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I could not spot the email - but some time ago, I was looking for Paul as part of the preservation project and found his brother (Stephen) via Tony Cheal who wrote the Assembler Monitor for Computer One.

Tony was happy for his monitor / assembler to be released as freeware by the way - but obviously Paul Ives (as the former director of Computer One) has the final say on their products

I can't see that I ever asked Stephen about his brother (probably because it was about the time when I was being attacked for bothering to track down copyright holders and ask them for permission) so as a one off I have just sent him another message asking Paul to get in touch :)