13th Sinclair QL Italian meeting

A place to discuss general QL issues.
thorsinclair
Trump Card

Re: 13th Sinclair QL Italian meeting

Post by thorsinclair »

How did the meeting go? Any first impressions?

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

thorsinclair wrote:Any first impressions?
Only a single word: awesome!!!!

Giorgio

ergonql
ROM Dongle

Post by ergonql »

Hi All,

The 13° Italian Sinclair QL meeting is over. I needed 24hours to breathe a little bit as everything was fantastic but I needed a small break from these intense days.

I have to thank all the people who attended the meeting either physically in Modena (we were 9 - most of them coming from >200 Km far) or via WebEx videoconference. Thanks to all the people who would have liked to attend either physically or via WebEx and that couldn't make it with regret: families, work and life bring often higher priorities. Special thanks also to people who did not manage to attend but who contributed with ideas and during the meeting preparation (posters, leaflets and so on).

Just to give a quick outlook, in the morning Italian session in addition to the people attending in Modena, we had two Italian users connected via web-ex actively participating (i.e total 11),. Instead for the afternoon English session three users from outside Italy connected via web-ex actively participating at the discussions, in addition 6 persons from Italy or abroad connected via WebEx in listening mode only. Which means 18 people overall in the afernoon.

We had really nice talks on many topics. Mille Grazie to Jan Bredenbeek, Marcel Kilgus, and Urs Koenig who have been really kind for their appreciated contributions to the discussions. We talked about their story, past projects, QL meetings around Europe, Fidonet BBS, ZX81, Giro d'Italia, MIST, but we also talked about ongoing and future projects like Urs and Giorgio QL distribution packages. I really feel in debt with Jan, Marcel and Urs for having found time to attend and having provided such a valuable contribution.

This was the 13th Italian QL meeting, first one being in Gardone Riviera (1989, even if not quite 99% sure) actually some more gatherings took place maybe with slightly different naming (QItaly club, Beginner's club, Garage meeting at my parents' house...probably others). Personally speaking I have attended them all, at least the official ones. And since 1993 I organized with the help of many other friends all the Italian meetings. The nice thing is that every time I feel the same exact sensations both during and after the meeting which is nice as I am not anymore a young boy since quite some time (I am 46).

That's all for the time being, more detailed reports will follow in the next weeks, we also took pictures and video so sooner or later most of the information will be shared with everybody.

Kind regards

Davide

(this message is cross-posted to ql-users mailing list and QL Forum)

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

It's difficult to add something new after Davide's description: I agree 100%.
I'm one of the last arrived in QL scene and it's always not only an honour but above all a pleasure for me to take part in these "little-big" special events :D

QLvsJAGUAR
Gold Card

Post by QLvsJAGUAR »

ergonql wrote:everything was fantastic
Yes, it was great! I was overwhelmed to see and hear folks which I've not seen for decades. Davide reminded me that we met at the 1991 Italian QL Meeting in Turin. That's 25 years ago. Amazing!

During the webconference I've made a screenshot of the Cisco WebEx Application. This shows Black Phoenix on main window plus the faces of Davide, Marco, Marcel, Jan and myself while we talk.
@Davide/Marco, Marcel, Jan: Is it ok to post this here?

QL forever!

Cheers,
Urs

QL forever!
https://www.sinclairql.net/ - Go and get THE DISTRIBUTION & QL/E!
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR/community - Blog
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR - Dedicated QL videos
Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE, NeXT, MiST & much more...
Videos, pictures & information
ergonql
ROM Dongle

Post by ergonql »

Hi Urs,

Feel free to post the pictures... (at least as far as we are concerned)

regards

Davide

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

No problem...

later, Jan.