QSpell and SpellBound

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Haemogoblin
Chuggy Microdrive

Re: QSpell and SpellBound

Post by Haemogoblin »

At present, I download all my QL zip files to a directory called QL. This folder is shared in QPC2 as dos1_
So. I also have a floppy img, containing the unzip program.

From there, it's a simple matter of typing
EW FLP2_UNZIP;'-D FLP1_ DOS1_FILENAME.ZIP'

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Yes, that works but ONLY if the zip file was created under the QL (as Dilwyn has said).

All of the preserved software has unfortunately, not been zipped under the QL as it is much quicker to use q-emulator to copy from QL formatted disk to the PC. It was also more efficient, as it allows files to be amended and altered within PC editors and PC tools used to read Quill documents for example (eg for comparison of versions).

As Dilwyn said when a QL executable file is stored in this way under q-emulator, a small header is added to the start of the file to contain the information normally stored in the QDOS file header. QPC2 does not understand that format.

So, there are two options to get a preserved bit of software back to the QL:
a) You install q-emulator and I simply send you a copy of the preserved software. You then attach a QL disk as drive 1, the preserved software folder as drive 2, then use WCOPY flp2_ TO flp1_
b) I copy the software in q=emulator to a QXL win file, then I use zip under QPC2 to create a new QL zip file which I can email to you, and you can then copy to QL formatted disk using QPC2 as above.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The Eidersoft rights are now owned by powerc.com of Bedfordshire (Ken Browning still works for them)