OPD Interchange

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

OPD Interchange

Post by RWAP »

After all this time - I have just found a need to use the OPD / QL interchange - basically my original OPD microdrive cartridges are corrupt (so I am replacing them with new ones with new felt pads). I have the files for the cartridges stored (using an OPD Teledrive) on disk which is in MS-DOS format

Unfortunately, my Teledrive has failed and an attempt at repair has not got it working, so now I am stuck...

I thought let's dig out Dave Walker's OPD Interchange software - so first off, I used Discover to get each of the MS-DOS disks onto a QL formatted disk, then started with OPD Interchange..

A few idiosyncracies (mainly it always loads the OPD driver from mdv1_ - even if I use FLP_USE mdv).... Oh well - copy the driver files onto a QL cartridge, and try again.

Then I merrily copied the files from disk to OPD cartridge, tried them in the OPD and I could read and duplicate on the OPD - great !!

Unfortunately, it has only occured to me that I have come a cropper now - as the file type data stored in the !cat1 and !cat2 files on the disks are ignored - so all of the files were stored as data, rather than any applications / programs, code etc... OPD Interchange creates its own !cat1 and !cat2 files, but ignores existing ones on the source device - I do get the option to copy them across (and overwrite the ones on the destination device), but when I select YES to overwrite, I get COPY ABORTED....

Hmm what a shame - any suggestions or someone willing to delve into the sources for OPDCOPY written in C1 assembler?