Taking a break...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Taking a break...

Post by Dave »

Hi all,

Summer's here.

I've decided to take a break from working on QL thinks for 2-3 months. I accepted a good offer and will be focusing on some contract work for the next 8-12 weeks. I will return to working on QL things when that contract finishes. One of the real upsides is it's a well-paying contract so it should put some considerable resources behind my efforts.

I'll still check in on the forums daily, but I'm so looking forward to this work - and to summer!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Taking a break...

Post by vanpeebles »

Now the sunny weather is here I think most QL users will be emerging from their caves while shielding their eyes from the bright sun. Shame because the forum was gathering a bit of pace too.

But today's summer day is tomorrows soaking wet blowing a gale day :lol:

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Hehe, there is that.

The work I have taken is quite interesting. I can't really talk about it but it is in a related field and does give me access to some resources and facilities that will really help me with my QL work longer term.

I will continue to work on the daft regulatory nonsense to get the battery holders out in the meantime. Stupid EU import regulations. Red tape. Gah!

Dave

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Dave wrote:The work I have taken is quite interesting. I can't really talk about it but it is in a related field
Is it a mechgodzilla that will be controlled using microdrive cartridges?

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

No.

I'm doing some work for a company that makes assemblies for sha hashing. Nothing close to mechagodzilla - these components and assemblies don't animate.