Anyone in the USA that can fwd something?

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Anyone in the USA that can fwd something?

Post by Chr$ »

Is there anyone in the USA that could perhaps do me a favour?

I'd like some extra RAM for an old laptop, specifically this:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/114784166169

The seller only ships within the USA and the eBay global shipping is an option but is silly money to Germany. Within the USA it's only $4 (for both of them).

I think I could save a few quid if someone were able to buy both and then send them in a small padded envelope. No need for insurance/tracking or anything.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Anyone in the USA that can fwd something?

Post by bwinkel67 »

I can grab them for you. You want both of them? Should I ask for combined shipping?

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Yes please bwinkel!

It looks like he does combined shipping (within USA) and that there is no extra charge for the 2nd, so it's $4 plus $10 x 2.

And then whatever it costs to forward them to me.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Done...should get to me on June 2nd and then I'll forward it to you. Cost for this part was $25.25 (there's a 6.25 sales tax in my state). Once I get it and ship it to you I'll give you an overall total so no need to worry about it now.

Mike

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

bwinkel67 wrote:Done...should get to me on June 2nd and then I'll forward it to you. Cost for this part was $25.25 (there's a 6.25 sales tax in my state). Once I get it and ship it to you I'll give you an overall total so no need to worry about it now.

Mike
Many thanks, pm etc when you have it.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

No problem.

You know this wouldn't be a bad model to get around some of the rediculous international shipping through eBay. I just bought an Amiga 600 from the UK (just the unit and it came driveless) and the shipping was £35 (i.e. $50) which was actually reasonable, though a model with power supply, disks and manuals from Germany only cost €20 (i.e. $25). Many times from the UK to US it's somewhere between £55 and close to £100 or the seller refuses to send overseas. It would be nice to have someone in the UK (I know Chr$ is in Germany) that I could on rare occasions ask to buy something, get it locally shipped and then send it Royal Mail to the US because I'd bet it would save £20 - £30 at times.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Let me if I can hell I have a little experince in shipping to countries outside UK

Regards,

Derek
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Great, thank you. I will let you know if anything comes up that is hard to get here...shouldn't happen very often since I'm not that active on eBay to begin with.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I used to buy tons of stuff from the US on ebay, then the shipping prices went crazy a few years back, and I never buy anything from the US now. You get like a small RC car part that weighs nothing, in a tiny bag and it’s £15 to send.

dex
Gold Card

Post by dex »

I use a proxy service with U.S. address.
They simply collect things (including e.g. cars) in they U.S. storage and then ship them altgether by air or in a container by sea, which reduces price of oversea transport.
They offer also assisted buying or eBay bidding.
Great think if the seller does not provide shipping outside U.S.
his particular company ships to Czechia and SLovakia, but something similar is probably available for U.K., too.