Ralf playing a genuine drumkit from Mick Tucker

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
RalfR
Aurora

Ralf playing a genuine drumkit from Mick Tucker

Post by RalfR »

To make the story short: Mick Tucker, one of the most underrated drum players of the 70s with the Band "The Sweet" has suffered from leukemia. He has two of his Ludwig Chrome On Wood drum kits. One was lost in Cologne in a studio cellar. And this one is here with me (one 16" Floor Tom was lost). Both pictures were taken during a fan meeting in Germany me playing "Love Is Like Oxygen". Remember the "Rolls"
Private photos 1 246.jpg
Private photos 1 247.jpg

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Ralf playing a genuine drumkit from Mick Tucker

Post by dilwyn »

:D :D :D

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote::D :D :D
All very genuine, Snare is Supraphonic , cymbals are Mick's genuine Formula Paiste 602 with the sensational Paiste sound edge hi-hat.
I also have four sets of his original drum sticks " Promark American Hickory 419".

4E75 7000
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Now we know what Ralf looks like. :D

I used to like The Sweet. Teenage Rampage was the first single I bought with my pocket money. £0.50 it cost me, from Boots the Chemist

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

NormanDunbar wrote:Teenage Rampage was the first single I bought with my pocket money
Oh, you seem to be quite younger than I am (60...), my first single was "Yesterday Man" from Chris Andrews in 1966, then "Little Man" from Sonny&Cher, then "Save me" from Dave Dee,Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich, then "Rose Garden" from Lynn Anderson.
:mrgreen:

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:Now we know what Ralf looks like. :D
I used to like The Sweet. Teenage Rampage was the first single I bought with my pocket money. £0.50 it cost me, from Boots the Chemist
Cheers,
Norm.
A friend at school suggested I listen to them when they brought out the single Blockbuster, then Hellraiser. No going back after those.

I bought many of their albums and singles as a teenager in the 1970s. Ironically, in those days the town where I lived had a piano shop which happened to sell singles, I think it was called Kruger's Music or something like that (long gone of course).. Unfortunately, after I got married I gave away the collection of vinyl to a charity shop IIRC.

A few years ago I stumbled across a couple of their CDs in a charity shop and realised that after the original group broke up, they had become two separate groups - Andy Scott's Sweet and the other with the late Brian Connolly. I must admit that the whole Glam Rock thing seems like a distant sad memory nowadays, but I still listen to Sweet's songs occasionally. Some of their music is on Spotify, but like many albums from the time some are incomplete with tracks uanavailable. I still have many of their CDs here.

I didn't know Ralf was a drummer, now we know what he does when he's not using his QL (or when Brigitte is watching her soap operas!) ;)

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

dilwyn wrote:
Cheers,
Norm.
I didn't know Ralf was a drummer, now we know what he does when he's not using his QL (or when Brigitte is watching her soap operas!) ;)
Well , I hadn't use that set since a lot of years, unfortunately. Though I'd wish to do so, if there is a demand for that, but I do not know any people making a tribute band or similar. I can play all those songs, especially those from "Sweet Fanny Adams", an album which does not contain any hit singles but was produced superb. Perhaps I can embed a video me playing one of SFA :x. I will build it up here in front of the house, and do a video. The neighbours will have fun (not seriously... :mrgreen: )

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RalfR wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
Cheers,
Norm.
Well , I hadn't use that set since a lot of years, unfortunately. Though I'd wish to do so, if there is a demand for that, but I do not know any people making a tribute band or similar. I can play all those songs, especially those from "Sweet Fanny Adams", an album which does not contain any hit singles but was produced superb. Perhaps I can embed a video me playing one of SFA :x. I will build it up here in front of the house, and do a video. The neighbours will have fun (not seriously... :mrgreen: )
This album? (my copy is on CD). It was the first of their albums I bought on vinyl originally. Fantastic album from that period.
sweetfannyadams.jpg

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

RalfR wrote:Oh, you seem to be quite younger than I am (60...)
I was 60 on Tuesday 7th April, so we're nearly the same age. I didn't get a record player until 1973, when I was 13. We didn't have much money back then, my dad was a bus and/or lorry driver.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.